Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor of the Silgrad Tower team wanted
02-19-2007, 10:44 AM,
Editor of the Silgrad Tower team wanted
[1st]T[/1st]he Silgrad Tower core team is looking for a person to take up the role of Editor for our Oblivion mod. As Editor you'll be responsible for everything that has to do with the written word, as it applies to the mod. You'll become moderator on the Literature Development board, but not core member. The critera for choosing a core member is different than for choosing the new Editor.

[indent][/indent][big]T[/big]his includes spellchecking dialogue and, if necessary, rewriting dialogue so it corresponds to the rules of the English language. On occasion you'll also work together with quest writers and give feedback and assistance on the dialogue and other written material in their quest. Perhaps you even like to write your own quests (dialogue and stages). You are not responsible for the modding part, unless you want to.

[indent][/indent][big]I[/big]t also includes responsibility for our books, in several ways. There are few custom books in our mod right now (not counting the official ones from TES3 and TES2), which we would like you to remedy by first importing our old book library and second gathering the books from our Lit Dev board, and good ones from other forums as well (if permitted to by the author). If you would like to write your own books that would be highly welcome as well, but isn't a requirement.

[indent][/indent][big]Y[/big]ou'll also review books submitted on the Lit Dev board, and if they're good, correct them for spelling and grammar. If the submission wasn't in esp form you can choose to ask the author to do so, or format the text yourself and create a book in an esp. Post the esp in the same thread in that case and it'll get included in the subsequent internal update.

[indent][/indent][big]W[/big]hen it comes to books written by persons outside the team you'll need to prioritize a bit because there's hundreds of them. Fact books, like a guide to Morrowind architecture (to take an example), are the highest priority. Next are fictional books with a general narrative, like a story about a long-dead hero of Steadhelm. Least priority should be given to fictional books with a personal narrative, like a journal of a particular individual. Those are usually useless because they're tied to a specific person and place that doesn't exist in our mod. A person's personal journal of his exploits in Mournhold may be a great piece of fiction in itself, but it just wouldn't exist in our mod since it's both unique and belonging to that NPC. These prioritizations doesn't affect books written by our own teammembers.

[indent][/indent][big]Y[/big]ou need access to Oblivion to take up the position since you'll be working closely with the mod at hand. You also need sufficient modding skills to work on our mod's selection of books.

[indent][/indent][big]I[/big]f you could take responsibility for the Courier system as well that would be excellent. The idea is that we have two (or more) newspapers based on the same principle as the Black Horse Courier; every now and then a new issue comes out. A few issues have already been written, and copies of them placed in the game, but we don't have a script that enables/disables them and we don't have any means of distributing them to the player other than letting him pick up copies in homes. You don't have to write the script, obviously, but please find someone who can.

[indent][/indent][big]Y[/big]ou don't have to create bookart, retexturing book models, and visual-related things of that nature, but please write requests for them as you judge is needed and post the requests on the Visual Dev board.

[indent][/indent][big]B[/big]eing the Editor isn't meant to take up all your modding time. If you find yourself feeling you'd rather be doing something different, just go ahead and do that and then resume the editing the next day. Editing is rarely time-sensitive in that way, and the only way to longevity in a modding team is to keep it fun.

To apply for the position, please write a PM to either sandor, Razorwing or TheImperialDragon and describe what you think makes you perfect as the team's new Editor. =)

Sincerely,
The Silgrad Tower core team
(through TheImperialDragon, Razorwing & sandor)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-04-2007, 01:16 AM,

Oblivioneer has graciously agreed to become Assistant Editor for the Silgrad Tower team in light of the vacant Editor chair. If you have a text for your plugin that you would like checked for spelling and grammar you can PM it to him (in the form of a text/word document) for editing.

Thanks Oblivioneer!
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-13-2008, 06:09 PM,

Congratulations Deeza
[Image: Fireworks-01-june.gif] [Image: Fireworks-05-june.gif] [Image: Fireworks-03-june.gif]

Deeza agreed to become Editor for the Silgrad Tower team.

In real life he has been an editor of a school magazine.
His enthusiastic approach regarding the ES literature is much appreciated.

Welcome to the team! Smile

The Silgrad Tower Core.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-13-2008, 06:57 PM,

Yay! Deeza will do a fine job! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-13-2008, 07:01 PM,

Congratz Deeza

May your reign be long and fruitful

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-13-2008, 07:44 PM,

It's be great to have an Editor again :goodjob:
Angel mired in filth
10-14-2008, 08:50 PM,

Congratz!
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM,

Thankyou very much everyone! Smile
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-15-2008, 02:44 AM,

Congrats Deeza. Looks like you have a lot of work cut out for you.