Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egger3rd YouTube video
02-21-2008, 05:34 PM,
Egger3rd YouTube video
Here it is. Please give it a listen and tell me what you think.

I'll also take the opportunity to clarify a thing or two. For instance, if you were to think that his Argonian sounds better than the incumbent, Cool it's OK to say so. And here's why:
  • Our dialogue architecture allows for multiple voices for a given racial generic dialogue. We needn't and won't discard previously accepted work.
  • Even if the new VA only wanted to voice a few characters, if they can match roughly the 'feel" of the generic, that's a good thing too. We were never totally going to get rid of voice mismatches without requiring ~1000 lines from every VA, which is just not possible.

All for now,
Steve
02-22-2008, 12:44 AM,

Nice work!

Have we hired him? People seem to think that his Argonian is his best but I particularly like the Breton and Elf voices too. Surely the Elf voices have been modified...? There must be some pitch-shifting or tweaking going on there to get that effect. For Wood Elf that is superb!

I'm not so fond of his Orc voice, though. I prefer my Orcs with a more LOTR-type effect. These guys have tusks, for gawd's sake! People's voices need to reflect that. Check out my sample from Lingwei's latest mod to get the idea. If I wasn't so busy with the other guys I'd give it a try myself but I'm sure this might help to guide someone. The only problem is that the throat and poor recording make for a 'scratchy' effect. It probably wouldn't be easy on the ears when you listen to a full conversation with this guy.

Oh, and yes, I did stuff cotton wool in my mouth, Marlon-Brando-style. There's class for you - lol Cool

P.S. Did anyone try to contact Astion M: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaqEZ1o9KsE&NR=1 ? Would you like me to do so? We have some good voices on here already but these two would really help to keep the quality high.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]