Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Election 08
11-20-2008, 03:54 PM,

I did f*ck up with that indians part - I'll give you that.
Yet, the U.S. regime hasn't really done anything good to Iraq IMO.
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)
11-21-2008, 12:43 AM,

Getting rid of Saddam was not a good thing? Giving the Iraqis a chance to hold free elections was not a good thing? Pumping billions of American tax-payer dollars to rebuild infrastructure and economy is not a good thing? Training Iraqi security forces so that the nation may be able to defend itself is not a good thing? At the very least the Iraqis have a shot at success and freedom now.

We could have very well cut and run when things started to get tough, I'm willing to admit things have been a mess for the past few years on the ground-- Bush should have listened to the commanders on the ground in the first place. Would Iraq have been better off if we had fled and let the country fall into civil war? In the last year though since the troop surge there have been substantial gains, terrorist attacks are now at their lowest levels in years, and the economy is growing.

Let us hope that President Obama will not make the same mistake Bush did and disregard the advice and prescriptions of our commanders on the ground.
11-21-2008, 12:54 AM,

Sadam was not all that bad, in the grand scheme of things. fact of the matter is that we killed not only thousands of our own troops but also thousands of innocent Iraqis who were leading a perfectly normal (for them) life before our invasion. sadam did not suddenly start abusing his people, he was just doing what he had always done when we decided to blame 911 on him. infrastructure and economy would not have needed rebuilding if we had not fucked it up in the first place. neither would we have had to train the security forces (which are woefully lacking in training, funds, etc.) had we not invaded and set of a massive civil war.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
11-21-2008, 02:34 AM,

Saddam did not start suddenly abusing his people, he'd been doing it for quite some time actually... When "normal" means that people are afraid for their lives, political adversaries are swiftly killed, hundreds of thousands of Kurds are being targeted with chemical weaponry, hundreds of others are being executed... Well, i can't see why anybody wouldn't like the guy.

Saddam seems like he was a swell leader, can't imagine how life could be better without him. Wink
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
11-21-2008, 08:49 AM,

I'm with Lady N. Maybe we saved some and we told them what we believe are the right values but at what cost?
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
11-22-2008, 07:01 PM,

and when sagaswili, or what ever that georgian dude's name is, did that to his people amuricah was all up on the russians.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
11-28-2008, 12:41 PM,

One thing that these mongs did in Iraq which really was awful, was this:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/t...119559.ece

How on earth can someone decide to establish a camp THERE of all places?!?
The Nord pointed his finger at the building on the hill, and said: "That is the Emerald Hall, the Palace of Ysgramor."

My concepts - http://ysgramor.deviantart.com (hopefully there shalt be some in the future!)