Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elsweyr Resources
07-29-2010, 04:02 PM,
Elsweyr Resources
I have taken on management of the Elsweyr resource file, to leave Ja-Kha'jay free to carry on with the heightmap and her own concept and modelling work.

There is a huge body of work in our resource file that has built up over the various phases of the project, including a lot of duplication and illogical path structure - and with the project restart it's now or never for getting it all organised into some sort of usable form.

Ja-Kha'jay and TOYB have done some pruning and I shall now reorganise the file into a standard hierarchy with everything under Elsweyr subfolders. Unless someone tells me otherwise this includes third-party resources, as I hope this will reduce the chance of Elsweyr conflicting with other mods.

I'm also going to be the central point for new resource submissions. That doesn't mean I'll be making the decisions - just that I will be adding the content to the master set once it's accepted by the core: Ja-Kha'jay, TOYB and Deeza.

I hope to give everyone some idea of what we have, what we need and who is working on what as soon as I have the least clue myself. If you are currently working on something for the project, can you please let me know, either by PM or as a reply here.
Morcroft Darkes
07-29-2010, 06:34 PM,

Hey morcroft,

I'll start working on Riverhold Architecture set next week.
And im thinking on making more ships. But not now, so
Riverhold claim from next week.

Vintra
07-29-2010, 08:42 PM,

There you go morcroft, pinned it for you. Thanks for doing this buddy.
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
07-29-2010, 08:50 PM,

Thanks Ja-Khajay. And it's (sort-of) a pleasure!

Be warned: I'm about to send you a long PM with some of my questions...!
Morcroft Darkes
07-30-2010, 11:47 AM,

Here's a good news update: I've worked out how to use TES4Gecko to copy object definitions from the old ElsweyrValenwood.esm file to a bright shiny new esp. This means that I'm not going to have to use the CS to add every single mesh one at a time, and leaves us with a fighting chance of having a completely clean esm for the project in fairly short order.

Which leaves me with a question: what are we going to call it? I think ElsweyrValenwood.esm should be consigned to history.

ElsweyrConfederacy.esm suit everyone?

And for a mod id, I've used both El and Ew - and I've also seen EC.

I quite like EC: it's distinctive and underlines the distinction from certain other mods that had best remain unnamed....
Morcroft Darkes
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM,

Elsweyr Confederacy is the best choice, i think. And also my favorite id is EC.

Good job morcroft, you spared a lot of time with the gecko!
07-30-2010, 12:38 PM,

Definitely ElsweyrConfederacy and EC. As you say, it's distinctive and makes it clear that everything belongs to us. Also minimises possibility of any conflicts with aforementioned not-to-be-named mod.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-30-2010, 09:13 PM,

Absolutely, ElsweyrConfederacy.esm is is and EC is great too
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
07-30-2010, 09:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Here's a good news update: I've worked out how to use TES4Gecko to copy object definitions from the old ElsweyrValenwood.esm file to a bright shiny new esp. This means that I'm not going to have to use the CS to add every single mesh one at a time, and leaves us with a fighting chance of having a completely clean esm for the project in fairly short order.

Which leaves me with a question: what are we going to call it? I think ElsweyrValenwood.esm should be consigned to history.

ElsweyrConfederacy.esm suit everyone?

And for a mod id, I've used both El and Ew - and I've also seen EC.

I quite like EC: it's distinctive and underlines the distinction from certain other mods that had best remain unnamed....

You don't have to add every mesh at a time, you just need to drag-and-drop from the folders, which you can do in extremly large groups.
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I NEEDED TO KNOW THAT TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Thank you for that really useful tip, TOYB. Much appreciated.

:bash:
Morcroft Darkes