Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elsweyr Trees
07-13-2010, 02:17 AM,

:pop:
Holy shit! those are freaking amazing dude! *picks up jaw from the ground*
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
07-13-2010, 08:24 PM,

Well, if everyone here likes this so much then I suppose someone might have taken the trouble to paint it in Elsweyr....

I think Khajiiti painting should be quite impressionist, even when they're not completely blizzarded on sugar:

[Image: EwMdPainting01.jpg]

Textures attached. Enjoy.
Morcroft Darkes
10-22-2010, 10:31 AM,

Acacias and NEW Tamarisks in a rough badlands / scrublands region gen. Tree density's too high for the former, variety's too low for the latter but early days yet. These screenies are taken from roughly the right location in Elsweyr for the badlands.

[Image: th_MDECTest25.jpg] [Image: th_MDECTest24.jpg] [Image: th_MDECTest26.jpg]

Disclaimer: someone who knows what they're doing will do the real region generation! I'm just doing this to test resources.
Morcroft Darkes
12-04-2010, 06:06 PM,

A couple of new shrubs for the badlands and scrub. On the left, "Jade tree" - crassula ovata, and on the right sagebrush - artemisia tridentata.

[Image: ScrubBushes01.jpg]
Morcroft Darkes
12-05-2010, 12:13 AM,

Those are looking great! I think we've almost got everything we need for a complete region gen of the North now, just need some Rim-badlands specific assets, and for my cabbage trees & termite mounds to be completed, and I think that'll be about it (probably with a little bit of tweaking/refinement to the assets we already have before comitting to the region gen).
12-05-2010, 10:19 AM,

I'd like for us to have more small plants - we're still too dependent on over-used modders resources - and I'm not good at making them.

What sort of stuff do you think we need for the Rim?
Morcroft Darkes
12-05-2010, 11:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
I'd like for us to have more small plants - we're still too dependent on over-used modders resources - and I'm not good at making them.

What sort of stuff do you think we need for the Rim?

My mind goes to more hardy flora (as long as it's not cacti), I think gorse would look especially nice in the Rim Badlands.
12-05-2010, 12:10 PM,

Should be able to speedtree gorse: good idea. Now we just need some small stuff.
Morcroft Darkes
12-05-2010, 12:42 PM,

This is where I am with the first cabbage tree atm:
[Image: cabbagetree01.jpg]

Working on the textures of the leaves atm (about 6 differnt leaf variants, which will all be nicely UV mapped onto one .dds), once I'm got the first one done, the rest will just be copy-paste (and slight adjustments), and then I can make the rest of the trees in no time. Should look great in the Riverhold Praries when they're done!