Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elsweyri Ink
08-26-2011, 03:52 AM,

My first attempt at the Ohmes' facial tattoo...

[Image: ECOhmesFace1a.jpg]

I was glad to take a break from relearning vectors, hehe. Even before I made this pic I had a few ideas in my head what and how things might look. Dunno how much variation you all want but the tattoos can be symmetrical or asymmetrical or whatever combination you fancy. Might try something with Tiger strips next... who knows.
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
08-26-2011, 08:52 AM,

Cool start, definitely!

I'm attaching a file with the master face template I'm using, with a separate layer containing the tattoo I made. If you have the time / inclination to create more layers with your designs that would be really great! Remember that the way the UV wraps around the face means you have to start with quite a distorted original image!

Also, if you haven't seen the sample Skyrim NPC faces from Bethesda, take a look at
http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/0...of-skyrim/

There are quite a few tattoos in evidence on other races - including wood elves. Since the Ohmes Khajiit's purpose is to avoid looking like Bosmer we need to make sure they are quite distinctive. As you suggest, tiger stripes makes sense - although look at the Khajiit faces from that link: some sort of stylized mix of your art theme and those facial markings should look good.

Oh, and I like the idea of asymmetric patterns, too!
Morcroft Darkes
09-17-2011, 10:02 PM,

*dusts off thread*

Pa'alatiin Merchant
[Image: ECTPaalatiinF.jpg]

Finally got around to doing this, still need to make the vector for it but figured I show you all first. A pomp, silver-tongued Merchant and his lumbering Man servant.
09-17-2011, 10:58 PM,

Excellent - as always! I really like this style.
Morcroft Darkes
09-22-2011, 01:19 AM,

What started as a curiosity and playing around, turned into a new piece of art...

Anequinan Banner
[Image: ECTAneqBanner.jpg]

The colour choice is off I know but thought I'd post it here to share with you all. I'll send a zip file with this PSD and the finished Pa'alatiin graphic. I'll prolly do the Pa'alatiin next, giving it's own feel and form.