Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Reports
09-24-2010, 08:59 AM,

The only problem I can see is that it means that churches etc. from different cities will be located far apart in the file order... although I guess there's not many of them, so it should be ok.

A more important question is: do the city interiors use the City music or the native/imperial interior music? Or a mix of the two? Because that would complicate things enormously.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
The only problem I can see is that it means that churches etc. from different cities will be located far apart in the file order... although I guess there's not many of them, so it should be ok.

A more important question is: do the city interiors use the City music or the native/imperial interior music? Or a mix of the two? Because that would complicate things enormously.

If you rename the interiors to have a set naming scheme, like I mentioned in prior posts, one can choose to have the city interiors use either the same music as the City music, or different music like the native/imperial music. So it's flexible.

The music from "City" music does not apply to other interior cells accessed from load doors within that same City's cell. Therefore, the music should not overlap, avoiding causing complications.

Otherwise, without the naming scheme and adding those cell "naming prefixes" to the custom music script, the music for Blackmarsh interiors will default to vanilla "Public" music folder's tracks.

EDIT: regarding churches being far apart in file order - not true. If you name all church interiors with a prefix like "BMChurch", all the churches will appear bunched together in load order in the CS interior cell listing, all neat and friendly-like. Then they could all be set to use "Church" folder music.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-24-2010, 09:36 AM,

I think I didn't explain myself properly. The problem is that each city has its own separate soundtrack (1 for Gideon, 1 for Soulrest, 1 for Stormhold). Would it be possible to use a mixture of that and the general BM imperial interior music for the interiors in each city?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-24-2010, 09:48 AM,

I think I didn't explain myself properly. The problem is that each city has its own separate soundtrack (1 for Gideon, 1 for Soulrest, 1 for Stormhold). Would it be possible to use a mixture of that and the general BM imperial interior music for the interiors in each city?

Yes -

You'd want to name Gideon house interiors like "BMGid", Stormhold - "BMStorm", Soulrest - "BMSoul" .

Then you'd create a new music folder for set of city interiors:

Data\Music\BM\Int\Gid\*.*mp3s
Data\Music\BM\Int\Storm\*.*mp3
Data\Music\BM\Int\Soul\*.*mp3

For each different city, you'd copy over the appropriate "City" songs into the folders above, then also add the custom city "interior" music into those folders. That way, the script will randomly choose either an overall "City" track, or choose an "interior" specific track that is also within same folder path.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-24-2010, 04:30 PM,

... the general BM imperial interior music ...

Hmm, what's this?
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM,

I set up this claim: CLAIM: BM Cell Naming & Music Preparation . Hopefully, we can develop this here. I'd advise doing it gradually bit-by-bit. We need to clarify which areas are going to have music and how we divide this up.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-25-2010, 01:31 AM,

Hi BM members,

Once our mod reaches Beta, it might be a good idea to incorporate the services of the following place -

Beta Testing & Analysis Guild at TES Alliance:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/to...d-at-tesa/

They will test our mod and try to find as many errors as they can. Mod makers use this guild to find what exactly in their mod needs to be fixed.

There are some rules, and they are in the opening post of above linky. Be sure to read the rules when you have time.

Koniption
09-25-2010, 09:08 AM,

Thanks KP! That should prove to be very useful indeed. I noticed whilst browsing it that for very large mods they're happy to receive mods that are not entirely complete as the testing can be compartmentalised and handled in chunks.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-25-2010, 09:39 AM,

Thanks KP - great find. I've taken the liberty of cross-posting you verbatim in Valenwood.
Morcroft Darkes