Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escaped Convicts (Redundant)
05-28-2006, 08:34 AM,
Escaped Convicts (Redundant)
An Imperial officer has put wanted posters all over the citie *name* for the capture of any dangerous criminals that have esacaped recently from *name* prison, for specipics(sp) report to *name* at *place*.

staightforward quest, report to the officer tells you some loose Info about the escaped convicts says he will give you a bounty price for each one, differing on how strong and dangerous they are.
05-28-2006, 08:46 AM,

This is interesting.. it could be actually a huge quest.. you could make a job out of it kinda. I mean this is one of the quests that could be a thing you could do aside anything whenever you want and feel like it. Ofcourse number of escaped ones is limited. But it could be more than just 2 or 3.. like 10 maybe. Im not sure about scripting what it allows.. but this kind of a quest was in old mercenary-strategy game called Jagged Alliance 2 where you could go any city or place when you wanted. So they could be located where-ever within borders of Black Marsh.. mostly in cities so its not impossible to find'em. If scripting allows they could have a few places they visit at and could be found at.. only problem then i see if they move between few cities is they might die during their trip :/

At least they could move within a city. Say between an Inn-church and so on. They would mostly be in cities, but a few most wanted would be in wilderness.. say you walk in marsh and find a lone hut in middle of nowhere and walk in.. there you see this guy whos face seems familiar.. then you check the papers (yea, you could get a papers given any bounty hunter where is drawings of fugitives faces) and it hits you, this is a escaped convict and has big bounty on him!.. Or something like that..
05-28-2006, 08:49 AM,

I'd prefer it to be more simple and sraightforward then what your going on about, simple is often the best approach to a simple problem.
05-28-2006, 08:52 AM,

Hmm, but what do you want more simple in it? Easier to find escaped ones?
Well i though you could actually enquire about them from the poor on streets.. or something, pay them off and they might give a tip like "oh.. now i remember.. i think ive seen him in a Black Dragon Inn just couple days ago..he also likes to visit the church nearby"

but, just ideas Tongue

PS. I think whereas Oblivion has every quest based on cursor which points the place you need to go at.. i find it a bit boring sometimes.. i dont think it has any quests like bounty hunt as sidejob where you needs to find the ones without cursor pointing the place. it may need some of those id like that. i dont think escaped convicts is easy problem and shouldnt have the simplest and fastest solution. but thats just me Smile i think someone mentioned there was escaped convicts from Blackrose prison now i dont know if he made it up himself or if it was by lore... it was on this board by the way.. was it Remux who said it? =)
05-28-2006, 09:01 AM,

These convicts would be so hot that they would try and escape into the swamps, and wait it out, you would probably find a few dead corpses of convicts when trying to find them.
05-28-2006, 11:27 PM,

From the latest of the Oblivion Pocket Guide, prisoners have escaped from Blackrose prison.
05-29-2006, 06:41 AM,

What about a group is hiding in a underground cave and if you have a bounty on your head you can join them a bit like a guild and the quests are sneaking into prisons and releasing friends, drug smugling and so on but if you seethem without a bounty then they woould kill you but if you have a bounty therelike a small theives/dark brotherhood/fighters guild
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM,
RE: Escaped Convicts
This is a great idea, and I think that it should either be simple, or a somewhat extensive questline. The quest could start in Cyrodiil, with news of a massive breakout of 10 prisoners from the Imperial Prison. They make it to Argonia and scatterand tell each other where they are going. The authorities get a tip that one of them is in a hut in a certain area. You go there, force him to tell you the other's locations, and you can either let him live and turn him in, or kill him. Then you hunt down the others.
06-14-2006, 10:45 PM,

Sorta like a bounty hunter or if you have a bounty they offer you quests and stuff
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
06-15-2006, 12:47 AM,

yay! let's hunt escaped convicts! this is a great idea!
maybe you even get more fame and reputation from it and eventually get discounts and smiles from common people who are like "oh you are the one who put that dreaded axe-murderer in his right place, here you a free Flin, it's on the house!"