Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting outfits and heads using Maya?
01-14-2010, 05:00 AM,
Exporting outfits and heads using Maya?
FYI A link to my previous thread.

Max Netimmerse/Gamebyro Exporter Error. Splits Model

I've been doing some poking around at alternatives that might export geometry correctly. So I tested with the Maya netimmerse plugins. (In my case maya 8.5) It only supports skinning and geometry. But that's really all I need. And amazingly, it exported perfectly in geometry terms. That's good enough for my outfits.

But I have tested that exporter before. It supports skinning, but exports bone coordinates aquardly so they aren't in proper locations within oblivion. basicly they'll be rotated and positioned all over the place.

Has anyone on these forums successfully used the maya exporter for skinned characters or outfits in oblivion? If so, that would effectivly solve my problem.
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM,

I know that people using Maya for Oblivion modelling are relatively few and far between. I don't know any off the top of my head on this forum, but I would recommend getting in touch with throttlekitty, either at the NifTools forum or at the Bethesda forums. Apart from using Maya for most (if not all) of his released mods (including armour), he's been looking into expanding the exporter's functionality.
01-14-2010, 04:05 PM,

i responded to your thread on the BSF Smile
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-19-2010, 07:15 PM,

im having a similar problem in blender i think.
i made a helm and when i imprt it into oblivion its too low and all the way over to the right by about 2 meters. i thjink this uis because i alighnd it using a morrowind mesh but that does not explain why its all the way over to the side.
perhaps my problem can be solved by moving it over inh blender.
not much help i kinow but i thaught id share that with you.