Poll: Should these bar sgns be used in ST: Oblivion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, all of them
0%
0 0%
Yes, some of them (specify)
0%
0 0%
Yes, if reskinned
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ext. Furn in ST: Oblivion - Bar Signs
07-31-2005, 03:10 PM,
Ext. Furn in ST: Oblivion - Bar Signs
"Furn" are man-made statics, like furniture, signposts, docks.

These signs are from Tarnsman's "Beer!" mod, and are of mixed quality, which is why I haven't gone through the whole process of uploading them to the 3DS Library. The question is which, if any, of these we should use for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion. The attached picture shows, from left to right, sign 1, 2, 3 on the top row and 4, 5, 6 on the bottom row.

#1: I think the motif is nice but the quality is ghastly. Jpeg artifacts all over... so my personal [Image: icon17.gif] on that one.
#2: Nice in itself, but makes me think more of a brothel than a bar. If used for the foremost, then [Image: icon16.gif]
#3: Ghastly. [Image: icon17.gif]
#4: Even more ghastly. [Image: icon17.gif]
#5: Quite nice. [Image: icon16.gif]
#6: Doesn't look like something that has to do with a bar, but looks nice enough to me. [Image: icon16.gif]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-31-2005, 04:44 PM,

I voted with no, for the same reason I stated in the 'beer bottle' thread. I think that - re-texture wise speaking - whatever can be done by ourselves should be done by ourselves. This way we can add stuff that we need and want.

It's not that I don't like the signs, on the contrary, but ... see above.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-31-2005, 05:05 PM,

Ok, but I generally think we have to start preparing. It's not like last time, this time we're aiming to create a world much different from the one that comes packaged with the game. And I for one want to try and get some preparation done and have a game-plan ready for when the game comes. I hope others will pitch things from the ES community they'd like to make it into our future mod - it'll really speed up the early development, I think.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-31-2005, 06:17 PM,

I definitely agree on the planning thing, but for example the bar signs are things that are - at least in my book and I might stand corrected - of secondary priority. No problem to make a placeholder and replace it later.

But generally you're right, of course. :goodjob:

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-31-2005, 07:45 PM,

I just went through that mod in sequence because I wanted to get to the Morrowindy beer bottles, which I really liked. The signs can of course be reskinned at a later date, and I could perhaps have some fun by adding the name of the establishment in 3D writing on the sign for that customized feel.

I think though that if we have a loosely held goal of using as much custom things as possible, that will make it that much easier to remake Silgrad for The Elder Scrolls V. Seems pointless now maybe, but I don't think we'll regret it in three years if we work in some way towards that goal Smile
Angel mired in filth