Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exterior Planning
07-13-2007, 04:19 PM,

Alright, so how bout we get a few screenies up of the rocks and trees used in ST, SI and Oblivion that we could retex and use?
07-13-2007, 04:26 PM,

Right, I'll get some after work. Wink
07-13-2007, 08:12 PM,

My CS crashes when I use the heightmap editor and when I open my CS (v1.204 or so) for obl + SI. I'll try region generation without that.
10-21-2007, 01:57 PM,

I decided to go ahead and create a small test cell using a few ST assets, combined with stock Ob ground textures and trees. It's supposed to be a scene from the Ashlands region. It's just to see whether or not using the statics we have now, would be convincing enough to create a region. Confusedhrug:

It might not be enough yet, but I think we could perhaps make a start generating some areas. The rocks I feel are fine, and would simply need a retexture to make them darker, and more like the Ashland rocks from Morrowind. I used the burned Kvatch tree here, which is the closest I can get to a tree from the Ashlands, almost all of the others have leaves, which I don't think would look right in this region.

The rocks are from ST's Moldcave tileset.

Here's a screenshot of what I made (CS view):

[Image: aaashltest011rc0.th.jpg]
10-21-2007, 02:09 PM,

i dont think the moldcave matches the ash too well, but other then that the shot looks spot on. maybe you can use some oblivion textures on those rocks to make them more ashy? (basicaly, what you said)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM,

Yeah, they don't really match at all. The Oblivion realm rocks looked kinda ashy, I think I'll try retexturing some rocks using those. :yes:
10-22-2007, 02:39 AM,

This is completely out of the blue, and i have no idea if you guys need this, but VABG's making me replicas of the West Gash ground and rock textures from TES3.

Do you guys have your own ESM and stuff? Cause if so, i'll gladly give you the textures once they're done, and if you're in any way hooked up to the silgrad ESM (i've got no idea what the system is, there seems to be a lot of asset sharing), the textures will be in there under the name "Dumac" (cause there is no west gash in Silgrad, but the textures are being used for Dumac)

No idea if this is the right place for any of this, but i thought you guys might want to know that i've got oblivionized West Gash textures (as well as a set of retextured rocks, that i had to painstakingly replace textures on)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-22-2007, 03:26 AM,

"oblivionized"... sounds painful.
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.
10-22-2007, 04:08 AM,

Yep, the Vv.esm contains all assets included in ST. Smile

Seniosh, that would be excellent, and very helpful. If they're going to be merged to the ST esm, sandor will probably include them anyway, but in case he doesn't in the next update, you could send what files you have to me or InsanitySorrow when you're done.
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM,

Not sure when it's going to be merged (depends on when i get the dumac exterior done heheh)

Right now they're in an ESP i made for Dumac, and the textures are therefore labeled "Dumac" However, just for ease of finding stuff, i think i'll rename them West Gash, so that you guys don't have to strain to remember to look for the Dumac Textures.

Glad to be of help, these should be in the ESM in another month or so, keep your eyes peeled. If i remember, i'll tell you guys when it's done.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!