Poll: What scale do you think we should use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
100% (4x4 ext cells)
0%
0 0%
200% (8x8 ext cells)
0%
0 0%
300% (12x12 ext cells)
0%
0 0%
400% (16x16 ext cells)
0%
0 0%
Other (pls specify)
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exterior cell size in Oblivion vs. Morrowind
07-18-2006, 04:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I figured I'd bring this up: Would it really be fun to travel all that land? We'd need a lot of smaller villages along the way, dungeons, etc... Anyway, how would travelling 15 times the distance be fun though? ?(
yes, if we make it fun... real but still fun...

for example in TES4 Vvardenfell, if you join the ashlanders....
the Ashlanders have secret caches here and there in the wild incase their tribesmen are remote in the wilds and desperately need food and supplies... thus you can successfully live in the wild without carrying too much (as long as you belong to that faction).... or like the Pariah Kingdoms if you meet one of the members and you are a member as well they will show you hospitality...
if there is enough content, unique-ness, and creativity, even a big landscape with only 1 village but lots of dungeons can be fun... just make it cool and fun to explore....
07-18-2006, 06:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
*spits out coffee* 15x15 quads???????? Are you guys seriously making it that large? 15x15 is enough for all of Tamriel. It's 225 quads, OB is only 16.
*screams and runs away*
Anyways, I just need this cleared up, are you planning on making it that large?
I'm saying we shouldn't go BEYOND the inner 15x15 quad area (for ALL of Morrowind and Vvardenfell). The whole province would still use up most of the worldspace, though.
07-18-2006, 06:48 PM,
RE: Exterior cell size in Oblivion vs. Morrowind
I Say 16x16 ext cells All the way i would love a bigger playground in oblivion to roam around in!
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
07-18-2006, 06:51 PM,

Be careful, the 7 * 9 elsweyr/valenwood heightmap was tedious enough, and it still needs to be populated.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
07-18-2006, 06:58 PM,

What he means is that it was a lot of trouble instructing me how to merge them... (JK)

But it takes a long time to create these maps from what I can tell, so yeah, best be careful with it, and have enough detours to make it interesting.