Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra Argonian Villages?
04-04-2010, 10:30 PM,

I see that Seafalls and Portdon have already been merged in your map. I'm assuming that Portdun would be the docks below the main town?

It also occurs to me that Riverbridge could be just that, a big Velothi bridge over the river that's right next to it, with a couple of houses. What does everyone think?

Also, Rockpark could literally be a park, given that it's just outside the ostentatious city of Lilmoth.

Also, the following native villages are to be converted into Hist temples (to keep the theme consistent, I mostly chose the ones with similar-sounding names). Because the original settlements were so crowded (I think they intended to use a larger scale heightmap), this means that most ruins will be quite close to native villages, which makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Ossasoit This is right on the border of the beta region, and will probably be the first one the player comes across.

Asashpan Down in the south-west, not too far from Soulrest.

Maupan On the island just to the east of Blackrose.

Chimpalam A bit west of the Imperial colony ruins at Helstrom.

Jayapak Just south of the city of Thorn.

Mangubog Changed from Mungomog (because I thought it sounded silly), this is to the west of Thorn.

Tasijasal Right in the middle of Murkwood.

This leaves the remaining native villages as:

Arnesia and North Coast region:
Gan-Jugu
Da-Dou
Chot-Mut

Vudai Marsh region:
Monagoag
Hajnoag

Murkwood region:
Okeen-Re
Unahutun
Umpholo
Nu-tlak (possibly the Argonian name for Rottmere's Folly?)
HELSTROM (replaces Mulum because I thought it was the worst of the names)

Southern Mangroves region:
Ixitoton
Rathilnoag

And for Ibsen, the Paatru villages going by the map's colour coding are:

Tul'X'Che
Jastha
Ukateki
X'Kudu
Ju-heesh
Uxtun

And finally, the remaining Imperial colonies are:

Moonmarch
Longmont
Seaspring
Rockspring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you break it all down like that, it doesn't seem so bad actually.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
04-04-2010, 10:42 PM,

Cheers. Useful for reference. I still get the feeling things are likely to change though. I had Asashpan marked out as a potential settlement to build even within the beta version if it gets to a point where we just feel the need to have another settlement. Personally, I'd like to use some of Senten's buildings from the collection that Vintra sent over to me. There is a collection that perfectly suits a mangrove swamp and I was considering using march cats or even Lilmothiit as residents.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-04-2010, 10:45 PM,

That could work. Of course the list will need to be revised. More than anything else is was meant to stimulate discussion about this.

04-05-2010, 12:33 AM,

We could always flip around Asashpan and Ixitoton's positions. I'd like to keep the "-pan" ending for the temples consistent if possible.

08-31-2010, 10:19 PM,

There's a little bit of thread necromancy here as a topic has recently come up concerning the proposed village of Nu-Tlak that can be used as a monument to the old team such as KK, Tlo1048, Back2Murderand Senten.

Nu-Tlak should simply be some ramshackle houses set onto, or around, the bridge itself and contain remnants of a lost tribe. It would be a nice place to put them there, especially as there is a metaphor present in the idea that it was a bridge that was broken and, according to the hopes and dreams of the great Rottmere (or maybe the Lizard King Wink ), shall be rebuilt again... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]