Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Bestiary (thread #2)
08-20-2006, 02:18 PM,

What is a "Morash Racer"?

Also I'd like to add sharks to the list for sure because they're lore-accurate and easy to implement. already have a model of one to use and we can use the slaughterfish skeleton/animation for them.
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
12-18-2006, 09:39 PM,

What about the dwemer animunculi? Why aren't they on the list?
12-19-2006, 01:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by cryonaut
What is a "Morash Racer"?

Also I'd like to add sharks to the list for sure because they're lore-accurate and easy to implement. already have a model of one to use and we can use the slaughterfish skeleton/animation for them.
Morash racer is a slight invention. name for the 'forest-racer', a sort of small harmless cliff-racer that flies in mushroom woods and eats bugs... like a small song-bird sort of thing
and sharks is a good idea... if there are were-sharks there must be sharks Smile

Quote:Originally posted by candlemaster
What about the dwemer animunculi? Why aren't they on the list?
well they aren't fauna, but I guess they are 'creatures'...
03-16-2007, 08:20 PM,

Some stuff about the silt strider:

From the Imperial Library's Beastiary
Quote:Silt Striders carry passengers and cargo between settlements on Vvardenfell. Fares depend on distance to be traveled. Silt Striders are giant Insects. A compartment for passengers and cargo is hollowed from the creature's shell; the driver directs the beast by directly manipulating exposed organs and tissues. Silt Striders travel between Ald'ruhn, Balmora, Seyda Neen, Suran, Gnisis, Molag Mar, Maar Gan, and North Landing near Vivec.

I believe that this is taken from ingame dialouge with each ports caravaner.
There is no mention of the silt striders being alive or dead so you can run with it but I think its more lore-friendly to just have them be manipulated by their organs and nerves.

If you want to read about what I learned on my magical journey into the sticky innards of the silt strider....
CLICK HERE! WHOOO INNARDS!
most of it is conjecture, but I thought of turning this into a book for TES4:Vvar sooooo.
Its less work for me If you just be good little boys and girls and play along Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

just kidding. but seriously. Big Grin
We live in deeds, not years; in thoughts, not breaths;
In feelings, not in figures on a dial.
03-16-2007, 10:14 PM,

I've read your thing and I agree totally :yes:
03-28-2007, 09:54 PM,

We are lucky we don't have to do gold saints or hungerers!
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-29-2007, 12:34 AM,

definitely :yes:
but theres also that issue with CS not working with Shivering Isles... though there are ways to bypass it...

anyhow, we now have a few creatures done for us and new animations that'll be very useful
03-29-2007, 02:33 AM,

They released an update for CS today or yesterday.
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-29-2007, 02:43 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
They released an update for CS today or yesterday.
yes? sounds great!

the new animations will be awesome for sure, we'll need many of them
03-29-2007, 03:00 AM,

Esp the blacksmith animation juggling and so much more I already beat it thoughSad