Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Bestiary
03-09-2006, 11:48 AM,

I would like to submit the following updated beastiary for approval:
http://www.morrowind-mods.org/tes4-v_wor...tiary.html

I have made changes based on what we have been talking about in the creatures thread, lore from the imperial library of tamriel website, and other things here and there. Here is a complete list of the changes:
- tweaked misc wording here and there
- tweaked the shalks (merged herd and farm because they would be the same creature, merged forrest shalks with new swamp shalks to make green shalk category, added water shalk, tomb shalk, and akavirian horned shalk)
- narrowed silt striders to just two categories (wild and tame), because the transport silt striders and tame silt striders would be the same thing
- added kwama poison soldier to the kwama list
- shifted creatures that are to be in an expansion pack over to their own section
- changed insects/arachnids/etc to just "bugs" to make it simpler
- Added diamon-back kagouti
- Moved Nix to bug category (even though it can swim it still seemed odd for it to be i the aquatic category)
- Got rid of Nix Rogue because... well what the hell is it?
- Added Upright Nix
- fixed "cephalopods" category because the word was not being used correctly (cephalopods have tentacles)
- added giant slaughterfish because well, why not?
- changed rat category to rodent category
- added mouse, cave rat, wate rat, sewer rat, and tomb rat
- changed "feral" to "wild" in a few categories
- changed "Kharkavian" dreugh to Karvin (land Dreugh), as per library of tamriel lore on land dreugh)
- removed all underlines as they weren't being used properly
- tweaked some of the new reptile and bug ideas to make them more unique/fantastic
- added imps, golems, and harpies to the unaligned daedra
- added herne, vermai, and daedric bat to the aligned daedra

I'd appreciate any feedback/suggestions on this.

I would also like to propose having an official creature department, of which I'd like to apply for being in charge of.
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
03-09-2006, 12:08 PM,

Wow, damn good list

Though OF COURSE it needs trimmed up Big Grin

Ive noticed you have alot of daedra on the list that have been announce for oblivion
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM,

Yes, just as we have dreugh, rats, etc ont he list as well even though those are going to be in Oblivion. The beastiary is a complete list of every creature you may find in Vvardenfell - not just the new ones we'll be making specially for it. Smile
- Brett the Cryonaut
- & -
03-09-2006, 01:28 PM,

Oh, probally a smart idea to do it that way
03-15-2006, 11:16 AM,

Update: Kukulza and I have been talking, and we've decided to make an official flora and fauna department to this project. I'm going to lead the fauna side, while he will be in charge of the flora side. We now have a flora and fauna sub-section to the forums to talk specifically about that - which is where the new creatures thread SHOULD go, but i went ahead and made it before realizing the new board was up - so if a moderator could go ahead and move the Creatures (thread #2) thread over to the Flora and Fauna section that would be great. Smile

As leader of the Fauna department, this just means I will help out with organizing the modeling and texturing of creatures, keep the bestiary up to date, and help out with ideas. I'll be posting polls in the official ES forums to get feedback on what players want, etc... I will not make up things on my own without consulting everyone else. Smile
- Brett the Cryonaut
- & -
03-15-2006, 07:44 PM,

hmm.... cyronaut is now bestiary leader, I hand him the reigns of responsibility
okie dokie, my thread is closed, he shall post his new thing I guess
:bananarock:

CLOSED