Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Official mounts thread
07-06-2006, 06:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by Treebiter
Hey all, jus' doing the rounds.

I reckon we should be brutal to horses in Vvardenfell. Like you say Kukulza, let's have the desert kill them... and quickly. Players might take a horse to Vvardenfell, but after their first journey they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

...And as for Insect mounts looking stupid, arn't Nix Hounds supposed to be insectoid?
yeah they are a sort of highly advanced arthropod... think of them sorta like lobsters that can jun on land... "seafoods' revenge"... sorta

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Hmm... We could do something similar in Elsweyr if you don't mind of course.
sure... although remember... it is the excessive ash on Vvardenfell that kills the horses, not the desert environment.... certain horses can stand deserts better than others... I think maybe you should have it so SOME breeds will die (slowly) but other breeds won't....
so after the 100th time of their horse dying the player will say, okay ;et's try another horse!

Quote:Originally posted by Kion Gealrion
Nix-hounds are good... how about super-expensive cliff racer?

:bananarock:
I smell an easter-egg.... :yes:

Don't expect miracles. If a player kills 100 paint horses, then (judging by the intelligence of some) the player will kill 100 more!
07-07-2006, 12:32 AM,

What if we had Dres Sky Renders?

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/scrcaps...render.jpg
http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/comic_book/17B.jpg

Granted it's not you typical mount... then again it might alleviate the whole levitation issue Big Grin
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
07-07-2006, 01:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kyoushu
What if we had Dres Sky Renders?

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/scrcaps...render.jpg
http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/comic_book/17B.jpg

Granted it's not you typical mount... then again it might alleviate the whole levitation issue Big Grin

what if we had Dres skyrenders?
what of we were modding Dres district?! :lol:

no I don't think so... I mean if we take everything from everyone then Vvardenfell would be the only cool Morrowind mod... come on, we have ashlands... they are unique... let's use them okay?

Edit 2007.04.09 03:41:
alright...
after some thought I feel that Durzogs SHOULD NOT be in this mod. They're much better off in Black Marsh or something. On Vvardenfell especially as mounts would be awkward to say the least. large bugs or spiders fit the Ashland theme but isn't high priority and they are generally slower mounts, used for travel is very difficult terrain. The best all around mount is the trusty guar. and I believe there are already mods that allow mounted guar and guars

what do you guys think?
04-09-2007, 02:02 AM,

I don't really think that Durzogs would fare well in much of Vvardenfell, and neither would horses Much of it is ashlands and bare rock, which is NOT friendly to horses or wolf-like creatures. Hooves are not meant to travel over jagged rock, ever. Guars on the other hand evolved to fit the environment.

Durzogs were just imported by goblins, aren't really essential, and probably wouldn't do well in the ashlands anyways. The fact that no mammals evolved on Vvardenfell says something about how well they survive there.

I agree it'd be cool, but it just isn't realistic, especially considering how they travel with leaps and bounds (watch LOTR with the Wargs, no human could hold on to that) Plus, a Durzog is an ambush predator, as previously mentioned. They wouldn't fare well travelling long-distance.

All in all, guars currently are probably the most lore-correct and practical mount in morrowind. Durzogs... it was a cool idea, and horses just can't survive the ash, desert, rocks, hungry dunmer. Nix-hounds.. they seem too weak, and it is somewhat complicated making a new mount. My suggestion would be to get guars working 100% first, and then examine if a new mount is even neccessary.

One guar is awesome enough for two horses :guar: :guar:
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-09-2007, 02:04 AM,

Big Grin

mountable guars have been made already Smile

shall we concern ourselves with insectoid mounts as described in concept art?
or perhaps try to find if cryonaut ever finished his rotumbo guar and if he can get it to be mountable?

I think the second idea is best but I feel it is unlikely he had finished it, we'll see
04-09-2007, 02:15 AM,

Well if you can find Cryonaut's guar, go ahead. I think insects would really only be used by the Ashlanders, and the only way to get one would be to kill the rider and take it, or buy one off of an ashlander tribe.

It really depends on if you even think Vvardenfell needs more than one mount. Oblivion just had different species of horses. No rideable elephants, bears, camels, ect. The need for a second type of mount is probably very small, but then again, oblivion had varieties of horse, and you could do the same with guar
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-09-2007, 02:51 AM,

there will be different breed sof guar no doubt :yes:
04-09-2007, 03:03 AM,

What about riding cliffracers? If they were popular as mounts, it would explain why they're still on Vvardenfell. (Naturally some would have to escape from breeding facilities.)

Also, on a similar note, (This is a little out there, so bear with me.) How about in addition to booking a stilt strider from town to town, You have the added option to 'rent' a stilt strider from a Dunmer. You could then steer the stilt strider to where you want to go (with your gold depleting steadilyalong the way) until you arrive at your intended destination, Then upon getting off, You could perhaps pay more for the Stilt strider to wait a certain number of days for you to return, or simply have it return to town.

Just an idea and it's Way out there, but would be phenominal if it could be accomplished, Have a good one Wink
04-09-2007, 03:21 AM,

fantastic! :bananarock:

that gives me a triple idea! so going along with your idea...
you can either ride a strider, rent it, or buy it...
riding one will show the character sitting in the pit (like in a chair but no chair) and then the strider moving away, then a scene of the traveling... for realism and all that, they pay the "same low price" for their travels Big Grin

renting one depends on the deal, you can rent by the week or 'as long as your word holds true and your gold is paid'. Thus a weekly rent is like 7x a max price of a trip. And the as long as you can pay it, keeps going until you run out of gold. But if the player keeps paying gold, what would be the sense of owning one? Maybe its not gold but an expensive drug that keeps the strider alive since while ridden it cannot feed... so you must buy the drug from the owner to be able to rent (long periods of time).. the drug will run out eventually and you must go back, and you decide how much of the drug/food you buy

and to own a silt strider maybe there'll be a quest? maybe an Ashlander clan wants to get rid of a 'smelly nuisance thats getting old anyway' or a Redoran strider-keeper hates his job and wants to move to the mainland etc. and owning one would be the same driving as renting except you own it for real

and striders are worth the investment in that they are fast transport... however they don't attack anything, can get in the way, and cost a HELL OF A LOT... (to prevent players from being cheap)....
though i could see something that big being controlled causing a few minor clipping issues...

but cliffracers? :eek:
04-09-2007, 03:56 AM,

If you don't like the cliffracers, no worries, I just can get the image out of my head of one your ancient cliffracers with some sort of a seat strapped to it's back, no worries though, as it's getting later the brain is working less Wink

And as for the stilt striders, we're definately on the same page. Perhaps your drug also weighs a hell of a lot and perhaps when buying a stilt strider, you can go with a cheaper variety but it consumes this 'drug' at a faster rate.

Also, with renting one, perhaps if your infamous you have to leave more collateral than if your percieved as a good character?

Another Also Wink does a stilt strider die without this drug, or just go wild. Additionally, what are these things? They're twice as high as most buildings and there isn't anything close to a wild version of them to be found... but now I'm just getting off topic Wink. Have a good one.