Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Sea creatures
04-12-2007, 01:11 AM,
F&F: Sea creatures
Drowning in crap.... a heroes end indeed Wink

But seriously though, a giant crab would be cool. One think that I though TES III missed out on was that there were some interesting places that you could swim to, but nothing tougher than a dreugh to fight. Will there be anything more fearsome in this mod? (Don't know how well it fits the lore, but some kind of giant eel up by sheograd region would be cool)
04-12-2007, 01:13 AM,

I will start a new thread for sea creatures and stuff
don't wanna get off topic from a dragon you know

ok, now about sea critters...

there will be a little more sea creatures this time around...
sharks, other types of fish, more variants of Dreugh, crabs...

however consider that the mainquest(s) deal with three things...
a Great House War, a reforming Temple and Dagoth, and Vivec's enemies coming to get him now he's mortal
his main enemy since forever has been Molag Bal, father of the Dreugh...

so when we have the last main quest-line (as an expansion to TES4 Vvardenfell) it will be about Vivec, his war against the Dreugh, and Molag Bal... and you'll see a LOT of sea life, underwater cities made of dead shells, glass, coral.... and an undersea civilization harnessing the power of the sea and its creatures to survive... etc.etc.
so there will be more sea life this time around but when the planned expansion with Dreugh comes along, there'll be a lot more about the undersea places... plus until the Dreugh mod there isn't THAT much incentive to go far and deep underwater... not much going on unless you wann aget killed by Dreugh or mauled by sharks
04-12-2007, 01:16 AM,

Haha, oh right, that's what we were talking about! :lmao:
04-12-2007, 01:22 AM,

I also propose you add a few "Ancient" slaughter fish! Those buggers grow 'real big in the open sea!
The rider in black is always watching......
04-12-2007, 01:27 AM,

Exactly Smile

I think that it's interesting to be swimming through murky water when something massive comes up and tries to kill you.
04-12-2007, 01:58 AM,

200foot squid like we have but that would be hard. A shark?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-12-2007, 10:30 PM,

Yeah, I like the idea of something with tentacles, but I think that would be pretty hard to animate.
04-13-2007, 01:51 AM,

Trying to coordinate the animations of even 3 tentacles would be hard, let alone 10. Squid may have to be left alone, though it would be at once awesome and horrifying to see one ingame.

A shark would be really really cool. Reenact jaws ingame with your character. Also, witnessing a fight between a shark and dreugh would be insane.

I think the coolest thing though, would be an emperor crab. Ald Skar had to come from somewhere, and there must STILL be something living down at the bottem of the sea. Maybe an even larger version? So large it can't really hurt you, but with a swarm of other creatures protecting it. Maybe have it surface once in a while as a movable island.

The seas have been very empty in these games, so there is a LOT of stuff we could make
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-13-2007, 02:35 AM,

to let you all in on the nature of the Dreugh mod...
me and bob-of-many-numbers had agreed that Dreugh were awesome and Vvardenfellian seas needed more sea-life. Thus we decided to start a mod. This mod will expand upon TES3 Morrowind's Vvardenfell, and TES4 Vvardenfell... and will add a lot of new life to the Inner Sea and Sea of Ghosts, add a Dreugh civilization, and a main quest involving the return of Vivec's enemies and his showdown with Molag Bal... and the Dreugh emerging

which fits perfectly in the theme we want...
1. a Great House War produced from the clash of ideas and people that began back when the Imperial first stepped foot in Morrowind, but directly caused by an insensitive outlander-style monarchy facing a traditionalist and self-determining group of factions that are disenfranchised and willing to fight for their freedoms and rights.
2. A reforming Temple as well as House Dagoth as they try to cope with the times... The Temple tries to disband some Ordinator cohorts and recruit more healers and teachers. Great House Dagoth seeks legitimacy with the people and secretly aids veterans of war and refugees, as well as sinking back into the criminal underworld of Morrowind to get lots of money. Both seek to survive and both dislike one another.
3. and lastly we want to expose the theme of Vivec's enemies coming for him now he is mortal... which would be perfectly shown in a Dreugh mod that will act as an expansion to this mod in a way, or an extended part

so I don't intend to subvert time and energy, but working on the Dreugh mod later on is worth the time... though in TES3 it is a mod, here it will be a follow-up to TES4 Vvardenfell mod, so working on it is really working on later Vvardenfell.. you know what i mean.... ?
so you can see it not so much a Dreugh mod, but an add-on for TES4 Vvardenfell... the TES3 one (same thing but in TES3) will be a mod for the old game, this will be an add-on for TES4 Vvardenfell
04-13-2007, 07:33 PM,

we got totally off-topic, so I cut that part off into another section :yes: