Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Vvardenfell trolls' appearance...?
03-05-2006, 06:02 PM,

The trolls adapt to new ecosystems quite well, so we want to keep the "basic" look and structure, but alter things like skin, muscle structure etc. that helps with the enviroment. Like instead of fur, bear skin would be much better in a swamp enviroment
03-05-2006, 07:40 PM,

I think... 2-3 eyes... muscular... large arms.... shorter legs with webbing....
something SIMILAR to the TR sea-trolls of TamrielRebuilt, but more landish.... a "grotto troll".... :brew:
03-05-2006, 07:47 PM,

So perhaps we could take a troll from Oblivion, and re-texture it to make it have slimey muddy turqouise skin instead of green fur? Although I don't know about the webbing... maybe the model could be brought into a program to have the webbing added...
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
03-05-2006, 08:08 PM,

Basically yes. But I like webbing!

Oh, and I meant to say bare skin Big Grin
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM,

Ever play world of warcraft we could make them scaly like murlocs. The colour invisioned was blueish green
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-05-2006, 09:35 PM,

Well if we make them scaley that would be a change from mammalian to reptilian, and i'm not sure we'd want to change them that much. do we?
- Brett the Cryonaut
- & -
03-05-2006, 10:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Ever play world of warcraft we could make them scaly like murlocs. The colour invisioned was blueish green
Quote:Originally posted by cryonaut
Well if we make them scaley that would be a change from mammalian to reptilian, and i'm not sure we'd want to change them that much. do we?

I have played Warcraft2, Warcraft3, and Wolrd of Warcraft.... Murlocs, yes, I like 'em, and they were so ripped from Final Fantasy or whatever... those surdoka or something (I don't remeber name)
they are somewhat mammilian creatures... not reptilian.... I have a drawing coming of what I think the sheogorad troll woul dbe like... so hold on tight dudes ....e-hehehe :]
03-07-2006, 02:40 AM,

hmm....
with the look of an amphiuma....
1, 2
and sort of a leopard seal look....
1, 2
but with the basic physique of a troll... trollish
but more streamlined for cool coastal waters and ambushing prey near the coast or their watery dens...

so I am thinking strong, thick paddle-ish arms but ending in claws but poor for holding, but for paddlingand clubbing, perfect.... and a thick torso... and shorter legs but webbed.... the head woul be semi-reptilian is structure but seal-like on the outside, and the overall look somewhat like a mammal-like amphiuma or a amphibian-like leopard seal...
03-07-2006, 10:25 AM,

i think that's a perfect idea. would the facial structure still be similar to the stock troll with the ape-like mouth, huge teeth, and 3 eyes?

god I hope we (the elder scrolls community and/or bethesda) can figure out a wak to export nifs from Oblivion... it would open up so many neat new possibilities of we could do things like export the troll and then just edit him in 3d studio and re-import him as a new troll.

if anything maybe i could at least apply the stock troll's animations to the new troll so they move the same? hm... we'll have to see i guess.
- Brett the Cryonaut
- & -
03-08-2006, 01:04 PM,

I will try a concept for the troll, but how do you post pics in a thread?