Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FG Quest]: Dealings in the Den
01-15-2007, 04:10 AM,
[FG Quest]: Dealings in the Den
Dealings in the Den

First Quest involving the Thieves Guild that built upon the foundation of the old one on Vvardenfell...

Demnivi asks the player to root out the thieves that have stolen a shipment that belonged to a client, Gales Vrandren. Demnivi wants the crate of weapons returned to him, it contained one engraved Silver Longsword, one Silver Mace, and several Silver Arrows, but most importantly, a large Dwemer mug which he needs for the Mages Guild. You've got a choice of companions for this contract; Rel, the Wood Elf Archer, and Hrolfang, the Nord Barbarian.

Hrolfang is a Nord Barbarian, often acts first, asks questions later, he has a record of being a ruthless brute, but is one of the most durable companions. He is handy with any weapon. Demnivi warns that Hrolfang has a tendancy to disobey orders if it suits him, but leaves the choice up to the player.

Rel is a Wood Elf archer, she is pretty much the opposite of Hrolfang, can heal the player if needed, but isn't that bright, and the only weapon she can wield properly is a bow. She has a desire to do what's right, but that usually gets her into trouble. Sometimes, more than she can handle.

Demnivi also mentions that a witness to the theft is in Coast (town), and will meet the player between two buildings (to be identified after the quest is made).

After the player has decided who to go with (if either), they go to the village of Coast. Upon arrival, a band of two thieves greet the player's party. If Hrolfang is with the player, they let the party through, if not, then they attack on sight. A journal entry will mention being attacked by thieves if the latter.

Hrolfang will engage in conversation with the player at that point, and tell the player that he'll be at the local bar, the Drinking Mug. Nel on the other hand will follow the player during the investigation.

The player will meet a witness at the designated spot, where the witness reveals that the last person who raised a hand against the Thieves Guild had his throat slit by murderers. An investigation was ordered, but never happened, no doubt some sort of bribe.

The witness wants the thieves either dead or behind bars.

If the player chose to do the quest with Hrolfang, the evidence is unclear, but it is known that there is a Den in town. The journal will mention Hrolfang, Hrolfang will tell the player to follow him as he thinks he knows where the den is located. Hrolfang takes the player into the basement of the inn and attacks the player. Betrayal. On Hrolfang's corpse, there is a note that identifies him as Thieves Guild and a key that will lead to the den.

If you took Nel, then the witness will be a little more specific, and tell the player exactly where the den is, and tells of someone who has a key to the Den.

Once inside the den (miniature dungeon), the player will encounter Ulen, a skilled Wood Elf Assassin. In a little dialogue, Ulen says she'll not let the secret of the Den be uncovered, and that she'll kill the player (unless in Thieves Guild, where Ulen asks the player to let her get away). If Hrolfang wasn't with the player, then he'll show up in the Den and reveal himself as a traitor, and wanted to find out just how much the Fighters Guild knew about the Thieves operation. If Nel is with the player, then Ulen will reveal herself as Nel's sister, Nel will be unsure of what to do, and will not fight her sister (though her sister might very well attack her!). Nel would be able to attack Hrolfang, however.

Ulen will eventually fall down, and beg for her life. The player can choose to kill her or to let her go out of mercy. If Nel is with the player, she might attack depending on how the player chooses to phrase the killing line (IE "Forget it, I'll kill you where you stand" or "I cannot let you continue your murdering spree!"). Nel will think she understands that Ulen was no longer the person she once knew, but is still grieved by her sister's death and her betrayal.

Returning to the Fighters Guild, the player earns 300 Gold if Hrolfang was chosen at the start, 400 Gold if Nel didn't survive the quest, and 500 Gold if Nel survived or the player went solo.

indigo[/hr]

In the end quest if you went with Hrolfang, or if Ulen survives, the witness will die, the player can find him dead in his home.

Nel and/or Ulen might also appear in other quests, depending on if they survived.
01-15-2007, 04:56 AM,

*Cough* Really bad name (Beth official plugin shares same name) *Cough*
01-15-2007, 05:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
*Cough* Really bad name (Beth official plugin shares same name) *Cough*

Oh.

Suggest something.
01-15-2007, 05:06 AM,

Dealings in the Den.

Trouble with Theives.

Liars and Scoundrels.

At the centre of theft.
01-16-2007, 02:13 PM,

hmmm

I like Dealings in the Den or how bout Den of Deceit?
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-16-2007, 10:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Dealings in the Den.

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I like Dealings in the Den

Dealings in the Den it is. Smile :check:

How's the story?
01-16-2007, 10:47 PM,

The story is good.

With 1 minor detail

I understand that Hrolfang is a trader, the other thieves would recognize him and let him pass. But thier should be (in my opinion) more elaboration on that part, maybe make the player work to get past, by bribe or intimidation, not knowing that the thieves are going to let them past regardless.

Enjoy
Bob

01-20-2007, 05:50 AM,

I've decided to make "Coast" a Redoran village instead of an Imperial Charter Town. Any ideas on the name? Or the location?
01-20-2007, 06:03 AM,

?( I know not what "Coast" is. have you allready got a concept idea in one of the posts?

Smile
Bob

01-20-2007, 06:07 AM,
RE: [FG Quest]: Dealings in the Den
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
... is in Coast (town), and will meet the player between two buildings ...

...After the player has decided who to go with (if either), they go to the village of Coast...