Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FG Quest]: Glassmine Delivery
05-28-2009, 05:16 PM,
[FG Quest]: Glassmine Delivery
This is the first quest in the Silgrad City Fighters Guild, and probably one of the simplest. The player needs to collect five pickaxes from one of the local smithies, and take them to the Silgrad Glassmine. Its main purpose is to help orient the player with Silgrad City and its surrounding regions.

That doesn't mean that I don't want anything else in it. I would actually like to have some challenges waiting for the player as he travels from the city to the mine. =) The framework for the quest is complete and merged to the ESM - meaning that the player can get the quest, collect the shipment, and deliver it (so it is technically complete). All it needs, when I reach that finalizing stage for all FG quests, is a bit more action for when the player is traveling between locations.

One idea might be setting up roadblocks, or highwaymen. :yes: However, these would only work on the road, and there is no way to guarantee the player would take the road.

Is anybody familiar with the quest in the Imperial City where you can get a corrupt Imperial Guard Captain arrested? After a few days, he will escape from prison, and try to find the PC. He'll even go into a plane of Oblivion if he needs to! Big Grin

I would perhaps like to use some sort of similar NPC behavior, except on some bandits or Camonna Tong thugs, that is active only when the player is in one of the regions involved in this quest (but not in any interior, or in any city world space) and only when he/she has the shipment. I haven't looked at how the above example works yet, but presumably the NPC would start at some location, probably the mine, and work his way towards the PC. The nice thing is that the character probably wouldn't be confined to just a road; he could go anywhere the player goes.

I thought I would start this thread to get some brainstorming going. Smile Set up some nice pitfalls for the player. :brew: