Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FG Quest]: Plunder
03-22-2008, 01:42 PM,
[FG Quest]: Plunder
Daryn Elval wants help fighting undead in the Hlianil Ancestral Tomb, a large-ish dungeon southeast of Silgrad Tower. He’s after an enchanted amulet. The Silgrad Tower guild steward tells the player that Daryn Elval can be found at the Rusty Guar Inn.

The first thing he will say is: “Are you the mercenary from the Fighters Guild?”

He'll continue after the player confirms. “Great! The guild steward might not have told you everything, so I’ll explain to you briefly what you need to know.

“In the deepest room of the Hlianil Ancestral Tomb, there’s an urn, and inside the urn, there’s an enchanted amulet that belonged to my former mentor, Maryon Hlianil. I… need that amulet. Unfortunately, his ancestors protect the tomb and I can’t fight them alone. I contacted the Fighters Guild for help, and they sent you for the job. I’ll mark the Hlianil Ancestral tomb on your map. I want you to meet me there in one day. That will give you time to make preparations for what we will encounter.”

The tomb is somewhere in the Silgrad Hills region. Daryn Elval will have set up a camp at the tomb’s entrance after one day, and will wait there until the player arrives. He’ll ask “Are you sure you’re ready?” to which the player can say yes or no. When the answer is yes, Daryn Elval will tell the player to follow him into the tomb.

Daryn Elval will lead the player in the three-level dungeon, stopping to make comments like “Watch out for traps,” or “This door won’t open, let’s find a way around.” The ghost of sorcerer Maryon Hlianil will guard the urn. Daryn Elval will find the amulet after the ghost is dead, and thank the player. The guild steward already has the reward.

The player can also get the amulet first, in which case Daryn Elval will ask for it. If the player refuses to give the amulet to him, he will try to kill the player. If Daryn Elval dies, there will be no reward (the player doesn't even get to keep the amulet because the guild steward will take it away), and possibly a demotion.

NOTE: Just for background, the reason Daryn Elval wants the amulet is so he can sell it. He found a buyer who is willing to pay handsomely for it.