Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FG Quest] Smoke
05-17-2007, 09:48 AM,
[FG Quest] Smoke
It appears that some machines in a dwemer ruin started working again. These machines were use to cover the nearby area in smoke to confuse enemies planning to attack them. They aren't a problem yet , but if the smoke they are creating continues to grow , soon the smoke will reach Silgrad city/Soluthis/ebbedin. The fighers guild wants you and a fellow guild member to explore the ruin and shut down the machines . When you enter the ruin it's already folly covered in smoke so you will have problems seeing in here. In the first part's of the dungeon you get to fight the dwemer centurions and things like that . When you get to the machines you will find a couple of adventurers in there They explanained that they tried to repair the machines because the door that leads deeper into the ruins was locked and they hoped that repairing the place would make the door work as well. That didn't work they tried to escape the dungeon then , but they kept getting lost . They were afraid to destroy the machines because if it collapsed the way out would be blocked . So now you will have to find a way to just shut down the machine whitout the risk of it collapsing . After taking a look you'll find that this is impossible. You do , however find an entrance to the ventilation system . So you can just let the thing collapse and escape together with the adventurers trought the ventilation system . Any comments ?
05-17-2007, 08:10 PM,

Yay! Big Grin I like the idea, the quest name is appropriate, but I think "Blind" would sound good. Just me of course, it was your idea, so I think you should name it whatever you want.

Would this fit in Dumac? Or another Dwemer ruin maybe?
05-17-2007, 08:17 PM,

Dumac won't be operational for a while, so i wouldn't advise putting it there. Also we will have our own quests and stuff.

Speaking of which, what is the progress on the tileset? Like what needs to be done, and are there any time estimates you could give me?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-17-2007, 09:00 PM,

I don't know if their is another dwemer ruin except south of silgrad which I do not believe is in the ES4 version, unless thier is intention of adding another ruin besides Dumac

The other side of that coin is we might be able to add it in as a subsiquent quest for Dumac We had discussed the possiblity of opening up new sections of Dumac during the course of the game, possilby this could be one of the times when the player is asked to return because "something strange" is going on. Which will lead the player further into the depths of Dumac to uncover these machines and stop their operation

If we want to go that route, let us know Seniosh and myself (the guy who's name TID forgets) Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-17-2007, 09:03 PM,

Seniosh:

Do you have any requests for new pieces? I've been busy lately, but I can try to fit in another few jobs...

Guy who's name I forget:

Dumac is sort of a region, so maybe it could be filled with outposts and the like.
05-17-2007, 09:21 PM,

Well for the tileset, there's the matter of having to scale each piece individually to 6.4x, at least with the models that i have... Also, are the door pieces made? Because all we *really* need to start planning is a usable interior tileset, which means not having to scale it, and having doors/doorjambs.

I don't really know everything that was in the TES3 tileset, but if there is anything major missing that you think might limit what we can do Confusedhrug: add it in.

And i think this could work nicely as a "PLEAAAAAAASE come back MR. Adventurer, the ruin's doing something weird again!" quest. Those crazy researchers :lol:

That is if you want to fit it into dumac, and are willing to wait a while?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-18-2007, 07:14 AM,

Blind sounds like a better name :yes: . Not dumac , the ruin south of Silgrad sounds like something nice , the smoke is supposed to reach the city if we don't act fast , and dumac isn't near any mayor city .
05-18-2007, 11:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
Blind sounds like a better name :yes: . Not dumac , the ruin south of Silgrad sounds like something nice , the smoke is supposed to reach the city if we don't act fast , and dumac isn't near any mayor city .

That Dwemer ruin South of Silgrad does not exist in the ES4 version of Silgrad, its part of the ES3 expanded version still in work I do not believe thier is a plan to add this expanded area to ES4, so the Dumac Ruin is the only one available as of right now

Maybe its something which is hidden under the swamps of Deepen Moor :idea1:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-19-2007, 03:24 AM,

wow man cool idea :bananarock: :bananarock: