Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FG Quest]: Trust
04-28-2008, 08:46 PM,
[FG Quest]: Trust
Refanda the Mighty asks the player to guard a rich resident's house for one night. Basically, Eloronor thinks that some assassins might come looking for him while he’s asleep.

So the player goes to Eloronor's house, and Eloronor tells the player how to guard the house. There are three places where assassins are most likely to enter: The front door (through classic bashing), the window on the second floor (accessible because the house was built into a hill), and the caves in the basement that eventually lead outside (just there when he bought the house, he says*).

The player will patrol the house, and the assassins will enter at a random time at a random entrance. There will be three assassins, all members of the Thieves Guild. It won’t be possible to leave the house without first dealing with the assassins because the front door will always be locked, unless it was destroyed by assassins. If that’s the case, it just won’t activate.

If the player finds the assassins before they find and kill Eloronor, they will first try to bribe the player. If the player refuses the bribe, the assassins will tell the player that Eloronor is a member of the Bal Molagmer, and that he has stolen enough to justify killing him. The player is left with the choice between letting the assassins kill Eloronor, and killing the assassins. If the player does let the assassins murder Eloronor, they’ll decide the player knows too much and attack him/her. In all cases, the assassins should die.

If the player finds the assassins after they find and kill Eloronor, they’ll just attack the player, and will probably lose.

If Eloronor is alive after the assassins are dead, he’ll wake up, thank the player, and unlock the front door so he/she can leave. The player will also be able to ask about the Bal Molagmer, and Eloronor won’t deny being a member. He’ll give the player a little background, then say that he’ll be disappearing shortly. If the player says he/she wants to hand Eloronor over the authorities, he’ll just say he’d rather die. He’ll also remind the player that he’s a client of the FG and he’ll need to stay alive if the contract is to be fulfilled.

If Eloronor is dead when the player kills the assassins, the key that might be needed to leave the house will be on his body.

The result is the most important part of the quest. As long as Eloronor isn’t killed, the player will receive 200 gold pieces and 2 reward FG rep points. The option of forming an alliance with the Bal Molagmer will remain open. If he is killed, Refanda will express sadness, and the player will receive one reward FG point for at least killing the assassins. It will be impossible to form an alliance with the Bal Molagmer if Eloronor was killed.

* Eloronor actually uses them for the smuggling of stolen goods, but it won't be mentioned in dialogue. There will be a note on a table hinting that Eloronor uses the caves for smuggling.
04-28-2008, 08:55 PM,

Love the random aspect in particular with this! its split-decision quests with multiple outcomes and randomness which makes quality mods!
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
05-12-2008, 04:24 AM,
Update
Thank you Rickious. Smile

Okay, small update for those of you who are interested.

The quest itself works, that's the main thing. It is possible to play through all scenarios from start to finish.

I made a few changes to the story for this quest because certain points from my original draft didn't make sense to me. For example, having the player tell the thieves to kill Eloronor and then having them attack the player afterwards because they changed their minds does seem a bit strange to me (think about the logic of what the thieves decide there! :dunce: ). Now they just attack the player regardless of what he/she says - even after the dialogue option "Go ahead and kill him". Forget this bribing stuff too! They're planning on killing the player anyway so it wouldn't make much sense at all! Big Grin Instead, they just say pretty much right away that Eloronor is a thief of the Bal Molagmer, and the player siding with him was a mistake. It is still possible for the thieves to kill Eloronor, however. All the player has to do is avoid them until after Eloronor is dead.

There is also a dialogue topic the player can select at the end of the quest where, if chosen, Eloronor will promise to keep in contact with the Fighters Guild. This will add a 100 gold bonus and 1 rep point to the total given out (total: 300 septims and 3 rep points). The player must have selected this dialogue option if an alliance is to be formed with the Bal Molagmer.

Other than that, I still need to mod the interiors to completion, do a bit of Eloronor's non-quest AI, implement the random entrance at a random time, and enable broken doors/windows during the quest.
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM,

Here is some Breton assassin dialogue that TID requested from CS and that CS reminded me that he had already done. Oops! :dunce:

Well, here it is, fully processed. Now that we have our first Breton Brigand NPC, all of the StGenericBrigand MP3s and LIPs must be copied to Breton\M in order for the assassin to have any generic dialogue.

Steve

%%VOICESUB%%
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM,

I'm sorry CS, I hadn't realized you already voiced that character. Thanks for the VW.

I thought I had already posted the status of this quest, but apparently I still haven't. Big Grin It's been finished and merged.