Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FPS problems.
07-30-2006, 04:40 AM,

Mm, I totally overshot the poly count on some objects and over-detailed the Imperial District. I... *cough* didn't notice the facecounter until afterward. I've taken a few steps to try and amend it, like the remodelled stoneflowers in v7.0. I should remodel the black anther and willow flower as well, and delete some more details.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-15-2006, 10:59 PM,

Omg please do!

I have never seen so much lag in my life!
10-16-2006, 06:05 AM,

:alert: Saiden's Question moved to FAQ board :alert:

[Image: icon12.gif] A Question
11-20-2006, 05:21 PM,

I have the same problem... Is it possible that this is related to the portal .esp ? Imperial districs are fine however .

EDIT ; I just found the bug : in the center of the bridge , there is a basket , the basket is stuck inside thet able . The moment you toutch the basket , its psychics start freaking out , cousing all your pc's power to be used by the bakset .I'm 99% sure the basket is the problem .
11-20-2006, 05:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
Is it possible that this is related to the portal .esp ?

The problem remains when the portal is deselected.

I experienced the same problem near the Dunmer gate. If you wait a few minutes, the fps returns to normal (also near the bridge).
I don't think the bridge is the problem, perhaps the (imperial) city walls. Confusedhrug:

If you're in a hurry go to the console and type tcl. The fps will return to normal.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-01-2006, 06:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
EDIT ; I just found the bug : in the center of the bridge , there is a basket , the basket is stuck inside thet able . The moment you toutch the basket , its psychics start freaking out , cousing all your pc's power to be used by the bakset .I'm 99% sure the basket is the problem .

Yes, you DID find it. The problem was because the flowers that the basket holds are indeed pickups, they aren't havoked themselves, at least not movable. If they didn't have havok, the problem wouldn't exist. But what the game interprets from all the flowers (that all behave as brick solid as other static objects like houses) and the basket and the table is...

The basket is trapped in between about nine differently angled unmovable objects, and tries to calculate how the basket will bounce off of all these objects at once. I will fix it hopefully for the upcoming release.

(Damn those assert messages, just as the CS complains about it, I hit the a key typing "at", meaning the computer took that as "abort CS operation, shut down CS")
12-01-2006, 06:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
(Damn those assert messages, just as the CS complains about it, I hit the a key typing "at", meaning the computer took that as "abort CS operation, shut down CS")

Personally I've renamed the Data\trees\SilgradOak folder to something else, which prevents the trees from loading and the assertion errors to occur. We can't go on like that much further. My esf query hasn't yielded any answers yet, and if we can't solve it I'm leaning towards deleting them (which would be unfortunate, but I've had the CS shut down on me as well one time too many).
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
02-24-2007, 07:04 PM,

maybe you could do a defragment if u have any other pc problems u can ask me i'm bussy with hardware for 7 years now own a very little shop and do informatics in school
02-25-2007, 01:16 AM,

Thanks ioccyb3r but the FPS problem was solved some time ago by TheImperialDragon and the assertion errors solved by me in early January. The first turned out to be because I had put non-physiqued items in a physiqued bowl, so the bowl rattled like crazy pinned between the static items and the static table. The assertion errors were caused by missing billboard textures.
Angel mired in filth