Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faceless vampires??
08-06-2006, 03:52 AM,
Faceless vampires??
While working on Nohrgirm for Evil Bob ™, I found that if I disabled and then re-enabled the vampire I inserted, she did not have a face! Her hair was present but not the face/head? Are there default head texes in TES3 for vamps? Tried looking on the Net, but no luck so far. Any insight as to what textures are changed to make a vamp head would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
08-06-2006, 09:01 AM,

It's an engine problem. What I think happens is that every default race in the game's vampire head ID is b_v_*race name*_head_01. When you revert back to a mortal face, it will try to go to b_n_*race name*_head_01. Unless that's the head you're using, it will disappear until you equip/unequip clothing/armour. That's why I have a custom race for my character using Vampire Illusion Big Grin
Artemis Vendu - sucking Vvardenfell dry since 3E 394
08-06-2006, 02:34 PM,

Thanks Brian; adding and equipping a common ring after enabling the vamp helped her save face. Smile

Thanks again,
Steve
08-06-2006, 08:02 PM,

What can I say, I'm the local expert on all things Nosferatu (the Dwemerish name for vampires) Tongue
08-07-2006, 02:50 PM,

Smile

Its actually a fictional name for Dracula (in German) but if the Dwemer want to call vampires Nosferatu they can

Smile
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-07-2006, 03:07 PM,

Beats me. My source (AlienSlof's Basil fanfics) can be a little stretched at times Tongue
08-07-2006, 03:23 PM,

Thats cool

Its a good sight but like any other sometimes its not all right
but niether is anything else Big Grin and to correct myself it doesnt mean Dracula or vampire, but just a name given for the movie/book

it really means plague carrier, its greek

I just watched the movie, the english version of course and read up on the info about it

good stuff
Smile
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories