Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camo Lizard Hide-N-Seek ; Quest Idea
11-20-2009, 01:15 AM,
Camo Lizard Hide-N-Seek ; Quest Idea
Yo all,

I was randomly perusing through pictures of mossy trees online, and I often come across other jungle-related pics.

This one caught my eye, as well as the info surrounding them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uroplatus

It's a gekko that blends into the bark of the trees it clings to ...which got me to thinking -

Bing! A quest idea! And a tricky one for the player at that. I know of the Nirnroot quest in Oblivion, where the player has to collect them all for some dude in the game. What if Blackmarsh had its own equivalent, but with a twist?

The Nirnroots are easy to recognize. But these lizards are not so easy to spot. If I model a small lizard/gekko, then have different versions that are textured with exactly the same texture as used on various different Blackmarsh trees, then someone places them on those respective matching trees, we have a hide-n-seek quest. The player will have to collect so many of each texture variation type, then give them to some guy in Blackmarsh, maybe someone from out of Blackmarsh who studies the exclusive wildlife of Blackmarsh (scientist/scholar).

Also, this quest takes place solely in Blackmarsh, like we prefer.

What are your opinions?

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-20-2009, 04:51 PM,

Good good. A perfect little scholarly pursuit for the new Mages Guild that jucklesjenk is working on! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]