Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction Brainstorming Session 4 - Fighter's Guild
07-21-2009, 12:51 PM,
Faction Brainstorming Session 4 - Fighter's Guild
This is a summary of our previous discussions on this topic.

Black Marsh no longer has a functioning Fighter's Guild. In keeping with the general decay of law and order, the BM branch of the Guild became lawless swords for hire, causing so much trouble and bringing the Guild into such disrepute that the central offices back in Cyrodiil formally revoked their Imperial Charter and dissolved the organisation.

Since then their place has been taken by mercenaries, who have little respect for the principles of ethics, honour and transparency that governed the Fighter's Guild of old. These are men and women who will work for anyone, government, gangsters, or even slavers. The city of Soulrest is the centre of this trade, and the player can easily get hold of dirty work if they know which bar to look in.

But one person aspires to change all this. His name is gro-Torug, an orc who once worked for the Guild and seeks to re-establish it. But he needs money and friends. If the player visits the Oddjob Bar in Soulrest (see my other post), he can run across gro-Torug, who tells the player about his vision of a new Fighter's Guild to clean up the province.

If the player agrees, they set about acquiring a disused building. There is one available in Soulrest and though it is available at a knockdown price, you still either need money (if the player has it, they can pay straight away) and favours from important townspeople. These are gained by doing quests for locals, starting with the obligatory rat quest for the port authorities and moving on.

Once the house is bought, instead of payment for each mission, the player is rewarded by seeing the Soulrest Guild slowly develop, gaining new facilities and members.

The ultimate goal is to go back to Cyrodiil and get permission from the Guildmasters to have the charter restored, with the player as head of the new BM Fighter's Guild.

Later, you get the chance to set up branches in other settlements, such as Gideon (this place already has a Guildhall, but my idea was that to begin with it could be boarded up and later re-claimed when the player manages to get the Guild re-established).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-21-2009, 01:28 PM,

Sweet. Brainstorming officially authorised. :check:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM,

Alrighty then...

The first goal is to get a building. There is a derelict place available, once a Kothringi mansion, but it got seized by the Archeins, who will take some persuading to let go of it. Time to make some new friends in the city.

Mission 01 - several ships in the Soulrest dock are infested with rats, and by Imperial law they have to be cleared out before the ships can set sail. The captains are desperate to get away with their cargoes, and will pay good money to clear out the swarms of rats.

Mission 02 - the Port Authority of Soulrest hears of your activities and gives you a bonus mission to clear out their warehouse. This has some seriously huge rats in it. Win and you gain the Authority's support for founding the new Guild.

Mission 03 - Killie-Pai, a young idealistic Archein, wants to prove she is no soft touch on crime like her corrupt superiors. A known pirate ship is docked at Soulrest, but nobody has the guts to do anything about it. The Captain is wanted dead or alive. If the player kills or captures him, the Archein will lend her support to the Guild.

Mission 04 - Rudolfus was the owner of the building you seek to acquire. He is the last descendent of an old family of colonists, whose members included Governors of Black Marsh. But he lost everything when the Archeins seized his father's estate, and he now shares the fate of the Argonians his ancestors once drove off the land. Anxious to make amends, he will give you his copy of the deed if you can return a cursed idol his ancestors stole to the Hist shrine it was taken from. It will be dangerous...

With the deed and the backing of the Port and Killie-Pai, the building is yours. It's a dump, filled with mould, mushrooms and broken barrels, but it's a start. Time to open the Guild for business!

07-21-2009, 10:43 PM,

Perfect four-mission intro IMO. I think we'll start to develop these as soon as Soulrest is completed. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-22-2009, 12:56 PM,

well that disused kothringi mansion is going to need some new modelling, also where did you plan on this mansion being situated? I can probably squeeze it in somewhere in the lower class area, but if its a mansion, it would make more sense for it to be in the upper class.

Also, this is a really cool/unique idea Smile
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-22-2009, 01:57 PM,

I was going to leave the location up to you, I figured you'd know best where to fit it in.

07-22-2009, 07:34 PM,

I'd love to see more Kothringi stuff! =)

The little windows are my favourite feature and they sort of remind me of the Kasbahs I visited in Morrocco a few years back. I considered what you might do if you were to do that tower model we talked about and, without being able to draw my ideas well enough, here are a few ideas that you might think are possibilities: some windows built into some of the towers, perhaps a balcony here and there, an interior with some kind of circular window seat.....(see screenies for inspiration...although I think your 'rounded' style would need to be considered....these are a bit too angular)
07-22-2009, 07:39 PM,

fucking you went there? pix plawx! i want everything at the highest resolution youve got Tongue Not sure if youve seen the 3rd PGE, but thats exactly what they pen as Hammerfell architecture, and good pics are very hard to find.

PS. who ever made the sensor: spotted owl meant ass(butt) on the BSF back in the day, not "frakking" Tongue
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
07-22-2009, 09:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
spotted owl you went there? pix plawx! I want everything at the highest resolution youve got Tongue Not sure if youve seen the 3rd PGE, but thats exactly what they pen as Hammerfell architecture, and good pics are very hard to find.

PS. who ever made the sensor: spotted owl meant ass(butt) on the BSF back in the day, not "frakking" Tongue

Well, that's cleared up the mystery of the 'owl of strange plumage' (I wonder how that came about....does a spotted owl look like an ass?).

Anyway, I've got quite a few shots of the Kasbahs. We went to some of the best, including Ben Ait Haddou where 'The Gladiator' and 'Lawrence of Arabia' was filmed, besides others....but that one only looked good on the outside. The inside was quite rundown. It would take me a while to dig out the others...those were just ones I had ready to hand.
08-24-2009, 02:18 AM,

I like the way the Guild's quests to obtain a building and here's an idea. You being the leader opens up a new possibility of quests:
>You search for quests to complete then assign to others.
>You choose who joins and who gains rank.
>According to who you choose could lead to failed/accomplished quests. If failed, you have to go and do it.
>Possible betrayals/ attempted assassinations for position.
>Choose to embezzle/ invest the guilds money
All kinds of things. Might be more difficult but it would definitely be different and entertaining. :yes:
The end of your quests is to restore its former honor and choose who you want to take over as you retire. You could even get retirement money/ privileges.