Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction Brainstorming Session 4 - Fighter's Guild
08-24-2009, 09:42 AM,

Hey, I like that approach! Plus it would be nice to see who lives and who fails to come back from their missions. Putting yourself in charge opens up a whole new perspective on things and may involve you having to negotiate with other Guilds. When I played vanilla OB, I was surprised there wasn't more animosity between the Guilds. If I'd joined both the Fighters and the Mages then I sort of expected to be treated differently but I didn't notice anything. Perhaps a script could be enabled that checks your allegiances and affects the way you might have to converse with the Mages Guild for some reason...it would be cool to have a sort of 'Guild Council' as well where you all meet....although you'd have to not be the 'master' of at least one Guild when this takes place....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM,

I really like al the ideas here, and I have another interesting idea for another quest. Because in Lore, the Naga are one of the biggest groups of bandits in the entire province. What if for a mission you have to stop a raid by the Naga on one of the smaller villages or a large estate near Soulrest.

It could then be that like after you get the house a nobleman enters the house and asks if you can help him with the matter. The reason that a noble would visit such a unknown guild as the Fighters Guild could be because bad experiences with other groups of mercenaries in the past.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
07-30-2011, 02:05 PM,

Nice idea. I'll put that in bold lettering to make it stand out so it can be considered for inclusion later:
Naga Raid - for details, see above post.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-21-2011, 03:20 PM,

Also I read something about a rat quest that might be one of the first ones but I forgot which thread it was :eek: I think it should be on a boat, since do remember the city in which it was placed was a coastal city (can't remember the name I'm having a complete black-out right now), so it should be like a ship infested with rats and a bigger rat (alpha rat) at the end. Is that a nice idea, or was it already like that, I dunno, as I said I'm have a black-out.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
09-21-2011, 06:53 PM,

It would be an early quest if it were done tbh and I think I'd prefer to have quests based around our custom creatures instead such as the Fear Lizards.
09-21-2011, 08:09 PM,

Yeah but I figured to uphold the tradition of rat quests in the FG...... Any other creature would be cool as well anyway.
09-24-2011, 10:11 AM,

I don't know really, the tradition of rat-quests is a strong one but on the other hand it has nothing to do with the mod. Maybe we can make like swamp-rats, that would be cool? We would just need a slight retexture that makes the hair a bit dark-greenish and the eyes gleam red.
Well here I am, I guess.........
09-24-2011, 10:33 AM,

Then we may have the perfect candidate. Have you seen the little armless lizards we have? There should be some running around the early parts of Mulum, a pretty damn cool cave in Murkwood. They are about the same size as rats and their eyes glow in the dark.
09-24-2011, 10:49 AM,

Yep, I think that should do just fine.