Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction Idea: Imperial Legion
02-20-2010, 06:08 PM,

Kk, should I just write misc quests including the legion, where you get rewarded with legion items and stuff like that, and hope people modding quests pick the quests out of the board?
02-20-2010, 06:29 PM,

Aye, that will be fine but take a look around Black Marsh. You don't have to restrict yourself to the Legion for quest ideas...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-22-2010, 11:57 AM,

The Legion is pretty much a dying force in Black Marsh. It's being drawn down, can't launch attacks on rebels any more, is restricted to the walls of Imperial colonies, and will be gone altogether in about 20 years. Think of the end of the Roman Empire in the real world - the functions of the army have been almost entirely taken over by native auxiliaries, who follow their own agendas rather than supporting the government.

I do think some quests would be a great medium for exploring this sense of decay and desperation. Perhaps something along the lines of sending the player to fetch an important relic from a former fort, perhaps a sword important to the history of the BM Legion that got lost in the evacuation?

That's the sort of quests that should involve the Legion. We could also play up the corruption of the remaining soldiers and their links with illegal factions like the Magnata (hardcore colonialists could secretly support anti-argonian groups, for example).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-29-2011, 11:13 AM,

The discussion is interesting but there is no chance of the Legion making it as a faction, except for perhaps as a single quest involving Fort Swampmoth, so this should be archived.

08-31-2011, 04:11 PM,

In the absence of any disagreement, I have placed this in the archive.

08-31-2011, 07:45 PM,

Some of these I just haven't had time to read properly. Best off as redundant for now since I'd like to consider our ideas for the Legion at a later stage.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-31-2011, 07:47 PM,

That's the beauty of the internet. Anything you can't be bothered with now can be preserved for years and still smell fresh when it's accessed again (assuming of course that it didn't stink to high heaven to begin with).