Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factions issues (3)
02-11-2007, 07:11 PM,
Factions issues (3)
After thinking about all this very deeply...
I have come to a conclusion... we gotta go Weight-watchers on our factions and burn unnecessary fat Sad
now the old Betmeri League / Pariah Kingdoms will simply be absorbed into Redoran and Telvanni quest-lines... as will the Sheogorad Nords... this is so that these minor factions will not complicate things too bad
Now, I will split them into Joinable, Continued, and Unjoinable. Joinable is a new joinable faction, unjoinable is a faction that canno tbe joined, and continued is a faction that will exist in Vvardenfell, but be the same as the one in Cyrodiil and have a few quests that can be done.
I have dropped the Imperial Guard Guild faction. However, many of the quests will simply be integrated into the continued fighters Guild and as a few miscellaneous quests for the legion.
There are 16 new joinable, non-MQ factions... however...
the Vampire Clans are simply very short questlines shwoing the warring between the clans and their raiding of Dunmer villages. The Vando Tong, or Vando's Guild is a clan-based vampire hunters' guild. They have been Vampire hunters for generations. They have a few secific vampire killing quests, however, other than that it is simply a lace to trade it vampire parts for cash, ie. vampire fangs, vampire dust, and vampire hearts trade in for higher and higher prices. So these four factions really aren't very complex at all.
The Vivec Arena is a very small quest-line. It wil probably be about some sort of scandal connected to a long-time victor (erhaps drugs, or certain magics) and once he is overthrown you simply battle it out to keep your champion status. You get gold for winning and lose gold when you lose.
and I already did the Census & Excise, not too much there...
thus only 10 more in-depth joinable, non-MQ factions...
damn, 10 form... like 20-ish... :lol:

Joinable:
-Complex-
Great House Hlaalu
Great House Redoran
Great House Telvanni
-Large-
Ashlanders
Camonna Tong
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
-Moderate-
Tribunal Temple
House of Troubles
Morag Tong
Bal Molagmer
-Simple-
Clan Aundae
Clan Berne
Clan Quarra
Vando Tong
Census and Excise
Vivec Arena

Continued Questlines:
- Dark Brotherhood
- Fighters Guild

Unjoinable:
Dres Mercenaries
Indoril Refugees
Dissident Priests
Nine Divines
East Empire Company
Helseth's Royal Guard
Imperial Legion

Main-quest:
Great House Dagoth
Ordinators
Buoyant Armigers
(-unjoinable-)
6th House Cult
Circle of the Prophet
Ancestor Atronach Cult

any thoughts? Smile
02-11-2007, 07:45 PM,

I agree completely on the need to cut down on joinable factions, lest the play grow too complicated to either script or play. I am wondering if the "House of Troubles" cult is really worth modelling, though. These people were 'true believers" and not just anyone would join them. If by "joinable" you just mean doing the odd quest as in Morrowind and Oblivion, I would say fine but don't make it a faction.

As i understand it, the following are mutually exclusive:

The Houses:
Great House Hlaalu
Great House Redoran
Great House Telvanni

The Clans:
Clan Aundae
Clan Berne
Clan Quarra

Camonna Tong and Bal Molagmer

Main Quest:
Great House Dagoth
Ordinators
Buoyant Armigers

Morag Tong if you are already a member of the Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion

So the player can belong to at most one main quest faction and 11 non-MQ factions, correct?

Is this number too high?
02-11-2007, 09:30 PM,

yea... let's see...
mutually exclusives would be...

Hlaalu - Redoran - Telvanni
Aundae - Quarra - Berne - Vando Tong
Camonna Tong - Thieves Guild - Bal Molagmer
Dark Brotherhood - Morag Tong
Telvanni - Mages Guild, Vvardenfell Mages Guild
Tribunal Temple - House of Troubles
Dagoth - Ordinator - Armiger

so someone's gotta work out the highest possible factions Big Grin
non-exansion and non-Knights of the Nine of course, just vanilla Oblivion
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM,

All that work i did gone....
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-12-2007, 09:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
All that work I did gone....
:lol: well i wish you read what i said before, but if not that okay
your ideas will be implemented into quests for Fighters Guild and misc. quests for legion

by the way Ebonyknight, you haven't been around to help out... you busy?
02-13-2007, 01:42 AM,

Busy but ive been watching.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
02-13-2007, 01:59 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Busy but I've been watching.
don't forget you are a core member, watching doesn't cut it, you have to do stuff, maybe invite a 3d modeler, or start some interiors
02-13-2007, 05:18 PM,

Is Thieves' Guild an ongoing faction?

Ditto for Mages' Guild

Assuming so, it looks like the player can join one Main Quest faction and eleven others (ten others if he/she chooses House Telvanni), for example (just choosing the first mutually exclusive guild from each one on the list):

-Complex-
Great House Hlaalu

-Large-
Ashlanders
Camonna Tong
Vvardenfell Mages Guild

-Moderate-
Tribunal Temple
Morag Tong

-Simple-
Clan Aundae
Census and Excise
Vivec Arena

Continued Questlines:
Fighters Guild
Mages? Guld

Main-quest:
Great House Dagoth

That is quite a few guilds, but not un-manageable. I wouldn't go for more, though.
02-13-2007, 07:46 PM,

actually... you missed something, and maybe its my fault...
but the strains of Vampirism in Morrowind are distinguishable.. so if you join a vampire clan you forfeit everything else... Dunmer hate vampires... also notice how the Vvardenfell vampire clans are foreign... Aundae comes from high elves, Berne from imperials, and Quarra from Nords...

there is no continued Mages Guild quest-line in Vvardenfell, only a new faction...
but that brings u a good question... since Trebonius is gone, there really isn't a good strong leader to lead the Guild, maybe the Vvardenfell guild has been put under the juridisction of Cyrodiili branch and you get to 'continue' with the Mages Guild when in Vvardenfell? I mean they'd only send a high-up Cyrodiilic Guild Mage or the leader him/herself to such a dangerous post as Vvardenfell...
so should Mages Guild just be a 'continued' faction in this mod?

and of course, Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood exclude each other
and the Thieves Guil dis wiped out, but the remnants of the higher-ups who formed the Bal Molagmer are still around in secret