Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factions: player-owned forts
01-28-2006, 05:59 PM,

i think that lady nerevar has it right here, only the great houses and ashlander tribes hould allow you to have a town/large camp, basically anything with people living there under you command.

Oh and LN, we could place the dagoth player-stronghold in a morrowind sixth house base, and seal it off otherwise, say its caved in, then if you join and rise high enough, sixth house events unfold so that they require that stronghold
back, and it ends up beign you who watches over the smuggling in the area as well as the units stationed at your stronghold,

oh, and hey, will they strongholds work like in morrowind, where once you build yours the others go up too? my personal feelign is that they shouldn't. the player can only join one house and i think that should be made special by leaving out the other forts

and then the lesser factions can give you smaller hideouts/areas, like betmeri caves, a office in the cesis and excise building, things like that, a

as for interactiveity, well i'm just not sure, i'm of the mind (as i'm sure most of us are) that something should be done right or not at all, and i just can't think of that much cool stuff, although now i'm people will deluge the thread with ideas, which is exactly what i want Big Grin
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-28-2006, 08:21 PM,

I apologize IF I had not made this clear earlier
***the word "fort" will be used for a generic term pertaining to land or estate as a reward for ranking high in a faction in this discussion***

Sixth House
I think Lady Nerevar has a great point... and batman has a great idea... perhaps one of the supposedly shut down Sixth House bases can be repopulated, refurnished, and of course, reused...

towns are only if you are in a faction that gives them... so...
maybe we can categorize the "forts"?

Towns/settlements: Telvanni, Hlaalu, Redoran
small fort: Nords, Indoril?, Dres?
Cave/Lair: betmer, Sixth House, Vamp.Clans
offices/private property: EEC, C&E

tribe: Ashlanders
01-28-2006, 08:28 PM,

Check it out:

Towns/Settlements: Telvanni, Hlaalu, Redoran
Small Fort: Nords (i guess the nords can have something Rolleyes ), Indoril, Dres, Ashlander
Cave/Lair: Betmer, Sixth House, Vamp.Clans
Offices/Private property: EEC, C&E, Mages, Fighters, & Thieves Guilds

01-28-2006, 08:42 PM,

Towns/settlements: Telvanni, Hlaalu, Redoran
small fort: Nords, Indoril?, Dres?, Ashlanders*
Cave/Lair: betmer, Sixth House, Vamp.Clans
offices/private property: EEC, C&E, Fighters,Mages,Thieves, CammonaTong, MoragTong

what about the Imperial Legion? would we allow the building of a new fort? or would we make the player inherit a fort? what will it be? maybe... a fort in Caldera... Pelagiad's fort... hmm?
01-28-2006, 09:22 PM,

i wouldn't care about inhereting a fort, but if we were to build a new one, where would it be? and why the star next to the ashlanders?
heres my updated list

House Redoran- (?)
description:
objective: to further settle the Gash region and extract the natural resources to fuel the Redoran economy. The Redoran hope to intensify colonization efforts so as to be able to compete with other Houses.

House Dres-
description:
objective: recon outpost
House Hlaalu- Nothryon Hold
description: The Council is also considering making a small village-hold at the Shurdan-Raplay Pass. It is at the request of a descendant of Nothryon who is a promising hetman but lacks the monetary strength to found a settlement. The Council awaits a Hlaalu who will step forward to form a partnership with Nothryon to found the propsed settlement.
objective: a west Ascadian market for crops, trading post between western Hlaalu holdings and the eastern Hlaalu holings and also Pelagiad. It serves as a stop for merchants too.

House Indoril-
description:
objective: recon outpost
House Dagoth-
description:
objective: regain lost ground
House Telvanni- Tel Orsimer, the Mushroom Tower
description: The Council is considering making a legal holding on the Azura Coast. The mushroom tower will be situated in Shashpilamat, the Daedric Shrine. The Telvanni Council pressures Duke Vedam Dren to give them official ownership of the region instead of rights of influence. This propsed stronghold will be able to watch the road going down to Odirnarin and makes the area safer for travelers... Telvanni travelers at least.
objective: to serve as an outpost, a resting stop for Telvanni wizards and barracks for Telvanni warriors and hirelings. It helps to extend Telvanni influence to the southeastern mushroom forests.
location: Shashpilamat, the daedric shrine just north of the shrine of azura.

Ashlander
description: New ashlander clan created from members of several clans. a simple five yurt circle setup.
objective:
Nord
description:
objective:
Betmer
description:
objective:
Audae
description:
objective:
Quarra
description:
objective:
Berne
description:
objective:
East Empire Company
description:
objective:

Cencise & Excise
description:
objective:

FIghters
description:
objective:

Mages
description:
objective:

Thieves
description:
objective:

Cammona Tong
description:
objective:
Morag Tong
description:
objective:

01-28-2006, 10:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
i wouldn't care about inhereting a fort, but if we were to build a new one, where would it be? and why the star next to the ashlanders?
the * is for the fact that I hope it will be a nomadic! so that way you can have your tiny clan pack up and move the "fort" to whereever!
01-28-2006, 10:23 PM,

in my opinion, that'll be a bit ambitious, but its a good goal, and what do you think of the list i wrote up? can u copy/paste it into the first post

01-29-2006, 12:42 AM,

I think that giving the guild strongholds as well is a bit to much. the guilds have enough perks to begin with, seeing that you can rise to the top of individual branches and later the whole guild (and they will probely give you offices anyhow). imho....

anyhow, i think making the ashlanders compleatly nomadic would be a bit hard, seeing how you would need to move all the buildings and decore in real time...
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-29-2006, 01:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
I think that giving the guild strongholds as well is a bit to much. the guilds have enough perks to begin with, seeing that you can rise to the top of individual branches and later the whole guild (and they will probely give you offices anyhow). imho....

anyhow, i think making the ashlanders compleatly nomadic would be a bit hard, seeing how you would need to move all the buildings and decore in real time...

always snapping us a bit closer to reality... sometimes... Big Grin
well, I understand what you mean by guilds having the perks and all... but what I meant by office was like having the master's pad at the guild HQ... that way you feel like you are boss.... instead of living somewhere in a hotel when you could be living in style in your HQ?
that would be like Thieves, Mages, Fighters, Morag Tong... perhaps the Vampire Clans... maybe if you kill the Ancient you are allowed to be one?
well... yeah the Ashlanders thing was kinda ambitious... but maybe it could be done... or if they don't pack up with you maybe you could tell them to meet you outside of say Ald ruhn... and they'd camp in a designated spot outside of Aldruhn... (designated in the sense that outside of Aldruhn the modders will designate it as a teleport for your Ashlander camp?)
01-29-2006, 01:34 AM,

yeah LN, the "strongholds" for the guild are just offices/rooms to keep things in the guildhalls, they aren't actual strongholds... i think this was all dusscused previously anyway :yes: