Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fading lights
09-27-2007, 01:37 AM,
Fading lights
I've just got a small question about lighting-
When testing oblivion, i notice that when i get about 10 feet from a light source, it ceases to shine light. This effect is so drastic that it means every room i look around is darkened, because only the light closest to me sheds any light.

This is with Vanilla OB.

Now i haven't played unmodded for so long, i'm not sure if this is normal. Are lights supposed to fade at extremely close distances? And if not, any ideas on how to fix it?

I've adjusted the ingame settings in the video menu, to no avail. Anything in the .ini? or anywhere else for that matter. help would be appreciated
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
09-27-2007, 01:48 AM,

Wait,
you mean it ceases as you draw nearer?

that is odd...
Sounds like a bug to me.
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
09-27-2007, 01:51 AM,

it ceases as I go away. So at 5 feet, the light shines, but at 10 feet, the light stops shining. Sounds like something the game might do for performance reasons, but i can't see why it would ever be so drastic.

I can't find it in the visual settings menu, so it's probably in the .ini, i just don't have any experience with it.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
09-27-2007, 02:28 AM,

Oh,
Well that sounds like something in the editor.
I think it was like, light falloff rate or dropoff rate.
It sounds like your oblivion.esm needs some editing.
See if there is a help section about this on betsoft's support site if you do not feel like altering every single light.

It could also be an item fade distance thing too.
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
09-27-2007, 11:32 PM,

well, i found out i had a backup of my .ini file, so i set it back to the default, which fixed the problem.

I think you can also delete your .ini, and it creates a new one, with the default settings.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala