Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fear for your life!
06-12-2005, 10:09 AM,
Fear for your life!
As some of you may know, I got a visit this weekend from TextureFreak and we had a definite great time, with the Jethro Tull concert last evening as the cream of the cake.

And even though we had lots of other stuff to talk about it is no wonder that Morrowind and especially re-texturing stuff was a topic every now and then.

So, what happens when the two of us are in one room looking at some pictures? Right - funny ideas emerge. Big Grin

Thus, I proudly present the 'Shield of Ultimate Evil'.
Idea: TextureFreak
Execution: Quentin Fortune

The world of Morrowind will never be the same again

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-12-2005, 10:12 AM,

Nice one!

Does the center piece protrude, or is it a texture effect?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-12-2005, 10:17 AM,

It's a texture effect ... using digital pics as textures leads to nice results sometimes. Wink

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: Hmmm ... you don't sound that fearful ... Big Grin

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-12-2005, 10:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
It's a texture effect ... using digital pics as textures leads to nice results sometimes. Wink

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: Hmmm ... you don't sound that fearful ... Big Grin

Quentin

It's a very nice effect Smile

Hehe. No I thought the center piece looked kindof cute (not that that's a bad thing). I'm curious, what did the original picture show?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-12-2005, 10:47 AM,

It's one of my chinchillas leaving the bathtub.

See picture below

Greetings

Quentin
06-12-2005, 11:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
It's one of my chinchillas leaving the bathtub.

See picture below

Greetings

Quentin

Aah... I see! My first guess was a sheep, the second guess was a kitten. Cute chinchilla Smile Does he / she have her / his own bathtub? What a luxury Big Grin

Not that scary, perhaps, but then again if the NPC who owns the shield had sown a skinned chinchilla fur on the shield, that would be very evil indeed, and a bit scary :O

Btw I think the glass effect on the rim of the shield was perfect, I would never have guessed it wasn't hand-made.
Angel mired in filth
06-12-2005, 08:34 PM,

My first guess was a rabbit (Monty Python: Holy Grail)
I was frightened. :eek: I think that the shield should have an enchantment that frightens attackers.:goodjob:
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
06-12-2005, 09:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
I was frightened. :eek: I think that the shield should have an enchantment that frightens attackers.:goodjob:

Definetely. And wouldn't it be cool if Quentin recorded sounds by his chinchilla and that was used as the sound effect when you fended off a blow with it? Big Grin Might be a silly idea, but would be very entertaining imho.

If a player fought an opponent wielding that shield, I think there would be a very real effect of throwing the player off-guard when he saw it. I don't think we have anything quite like that.

Of course if it could be submitted to the 3DS Library database I'd be one happy monkey :banana:
Angel mired in filth
06-13-2005, 03:30 PM,

Seems to me that I read about the Sacred Order of the Chinchilla someplace... must have been in an old library around Silgrad someplace... Wink

Nice work Q. How was the concert? (as if I have to ask...)

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
06-13-2005, 04:57 PM,

Thanks for all your kind words. Smile) Seems like I should use this for our plugin, very hidden as some kind of Easter egg. Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse

Definetely. And wouldn't it be cool if Quentin recorded sounds by his chinchilla and that was used as the sound effect when you fended off a blow with it? Big Grin Might be a silly idea, but would be very entertaining imho.

I'll try that even though it might take some time since they are not very cooperative when it comes to sounds ... but I like the idea. Cool

If a player fought an opponent wielding that shield, I think there would be a very real effect of throwing the player off-guard when he saw it. I don't think we have anything quite like that.

I don't think anybody has something like that Big Grin, but I know that I would completely forget to fight when I see a shield like that.

Of course if it could be submitted to the 3DS Library database I'd be one happy monkey :banana:

I'd be glad to submit it to the database, but it's only a re-textured round shield and I thought that this was for original models. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
Seems to me that I read about the Sacred Order of the Chinchilla someplace... must have been in an old library around Silgrad someplace...

Nice work Q. How was the concert? (as if I have to ask...)

Ben

The Sacred Order of the Chinchilla :lmao: ... that's an amazing idea. And you'll get up in their ranks, if you're gnawing away whole libraries or tear away the wall-papers of a Noble's house.

And the concert was brilliant ... two hours of pure fun. And should you be interested to see them, here is the tour schedule for the USA and Canada

http://www.j-tull.com/tourdates/index.html#usa

Greetings

Quentin