Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female Voice Actor Ellyeana
03-06-2008, 03:22 PM,
Female Voice Actor Ellyeana
Hello there,

I'd like to put forward my services as a voice actress. I'm 20, but have a versatile range. My natural accent is RP (as I'm originally from Kent, England) but I have experience with many local English and Welsh dialects. I'm keen to expand my talents and would appreciate it if I could be sent some typical lines to record as a showcase/audition for you.

I am a massive fan of all the Elderscrolls so far, the Nords have a special place in my heart so I found this place via the wonderful Skyrim work that's going on.

Anyway, hope everyone's having a good day and I look forward to hearing from you!

~Ellye
03-06-2008, 04:51 PM,

Hi Elleyeana!

I expect SACarrow and the others will be along soon to welcome you into the fold. I'm not sure how we're fixed for female voice talent but I'm sure we can offer you plenty of stuff because female voice talent is like gold!!!

In fact, if I'd have seen this post just an hour ago, I'd have been thinking about checking out your work with a view towards offering you one of the leading roles in another project.

Anyway, I voice act for the Nords using a Scottish accent. How's your Scottish, btw?

SACarrow will accept both large and small offerings from the VAs we take onboard but we're also keen on developing the generic voice files in various ways, including modifying the generic scripts a little and the way that the voice acting is organised in ES4. With your Welsh origins, you might well be able to offer something along those lines. More on that later.

If you're looking to do a few quick samples, I'd suggest doing anything from the voice acting that already exists in Oblivion whether mimicking it or putting your own inflection on it. I started by doing the persuasion game lines and I remember that the first line ever was 'Was that supposed to be a compliment?'

Anyway, have a go. You can post small samples as attachments. Just try to keep the filesize to mp3 and, if possible, mono mode, 64 kbps and with a 44100 output sample rate (the standard for OB dialogue and also a very small filesize).

I think I can speak on behalf of the acoustic team when I say that we like to put people into the best possible roles to make the most of their talent that we can so something that comes naturally to you would be fine along with any other tricks you may have up your sleeve.

Welcome to Silgrad Tower!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-06-2008, 05:17 PM,

I'm The Voice Guy, and I agree with the above message.

A take-off on American political-ad tag-lines, but I have astonishingly little to add; Steve B covered it very well. Big Grin

I'll just emphasize: as you probably already know, female VAs are in incredible demand. We'll obviously need samples, but if you're willing, the chances of our using you are basically 100%. Smile And as Steve B can attest, we will gratefully accept as much or as little work as you can provide.

And of course,

Welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM,

Honestly, I can say I'm good at varying degrees of Welsh, RP and some regional English dialects, Irish might be a bit rusty, but passable. Scottish is something I haven't had a lot of practice with, so I can't say with any certainty I'd be able to add it to the repertoire any time soon!

I'm on my laptop at the moment, but I'll get some samples done perhaps later today if I can't find anything suitable on my PC (or if I fail at wrestling it away from my partner!)

I'm surprised if there's not a lot of ladies offering their voices to this - I've spent many a month doing shifts of playing both Morrowind and Oblivion and having a fabulous time! I think the project that you all are doing here is just wonderful and I hope I am good enough to be part of it.
03-06-2008, 05:44 PM,

Howdy Ellyeana

Welcome to Silgrad

I have nothing to do with tis voice stuff except to chim in on what I like and don't like.

Hope to hear the voice soon

Enjoy
Diet Bob
Now with a Splash of Lemon
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-06-2008, 05:55 PM,

Quote:I'm surprised if there's not a lot of ladies offering their voices to this

If you do enjoy this and feel we treat you well, please refer any females, basses or baritones that you know to us. Big Grin

I just extracted the NPC-specific dialogue for a Nord character in Steadhelm, the town where I test the voices. A brief summary of the format:
  • First is the desired file name,
  • Then a guide to emotion,
  • Then in quotes the line itself.
  • Optionally there may be the expression PRODNOTE:. Anything following that will be a note for the VA.

My suggested pronunciations for the names:
  • Bralit - BRAH-lit
  • Doraves - Doe - RAH - ves
  • Ebbedin - EBB - eh - deen
  • Brandr - "a" as in brand Smile
I was thinking Welsh for these lines to establish an overall Celtic feel for our Nords, but I will defer to IG's opinion regarding the accents of the Isles, me being a West Virginia hillbilly and all. Smile

Have fun with it,
Steve C

Quote:StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11Steadhelm_000C8155_1 Neutral:50 "I like the peace and quiet of this town. It isn't that busy as the larger towns."
StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11Steadhelm_000C8156_1 Neutral:50 "It is a nice place to live when you have a family or are old. The location is a bonus, as well."
StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11Bralit_000C815C_1 Neutral:50 "He is my husband and the father to our son Doraves."
StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11Bralit_00003ED2_1 Neutral:50 "What about him?"
StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11Mermaid_00003ED4_1 Neutral:50 "That ship belongs to my husband, that's why we don't have to work."
StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11Mermaid_00003ED5_1 Neutral:50 "When Doraves was a little boy, we often sailed to Ebbedin."
StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11Manor_000C8167_1 Neutral:50 "This is where we live, but it is my husband Bralit who owns it."
StTKShc11ImsinDial_StTKShc11HarbourMaster_00003ED0_1 Happy:20 "The harbour master, Brandr, is my brother."
StTKShc11ImsinDial_GREETING_000C814E_1 Neutral:50 "What?"
StTKShc11ImsinDial_GREETING_000C814F_1 Neutral:50 "Hello."
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM,

Brilliant! Thank you, SACarrow!

I'll get my mic going! Smile
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM,

Good luck Smile
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
03-06-2008, 07:31 PM,

Ok, please note that these should be looked at as first drafts, but you've all been so kind and helpful towards me that I felt compelled to bring you something to listen to this evening! I recorded these inbetween putting my little son (6 months old) to bed, it involves a lot of going back and forth!!
03-06-2008, 09:25 PM,

I had to Wiki RP; guess this is it. I put it out there, particularly for those from the lands my ancestors were thrown out of Smile (pretty much all of the British Isles): would that be a good Altmer accent?

Just a thought,
Steve