Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fighters Guild Quest]An end to Necromancy
03-03-2010, 01:55 PM,
[Fighters Guild Quest]An end to Necromancy
A member of the Gideon Fighters Guild tells you that the local shaman needs help. He says that many people disappeared this month, he thinks it was necromancers job. Nobody volunteers because the locals believe the part of jungle where the necromancers live is home to evil spirits. Once you found the necromancers den you see many bones and a man in a cage.The necromancers are going to sacrifice him.You kill all the necromancers but one escapes.Let the imprisoned man free and he will return back to his home.On your way back the necromancer that escaped attacks you (he is stonger than the others) and you slay him.Return to the Fighters Guild for the reward.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM,

We don't really have necromancers, as such. Anaster Marrowmir is the only real necromancer around and he's a recruitable companion. The diary that I originally wrote for Silgrad Tower here: and pretty much announced my arrival to the BM team with here: offers a background on how necromancy fits within BM. This was the spark that eventually became 'Bhuru' magic which Anaster, as a practitioner of the more conventional, Cyrodiil-based magics, helps the PC to explore.

This would be best transferred to the Trillium Magnata (ex-slavemaster) quests where the necromancers are replaced by slavemasters who have to drop their caged slave when they see you coming...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-03-2010, 06:33 PM,

Thanks.If the necromancers will be replaced by Bhuru heretics will it be ok?
03-03-2010, 06:49 PM,

I guess we could have a rogue Shaman. But I reckon it would be OK if it's made clear that it's a foreign necromancer fleeing from the Mages' Guild ban in Cyrodiil.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-03-2010, 07:00 PM,

Aye, there's a point.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM,

Are not there any Sload necromancers in BM?
03-03-2010, 07:18 PM,

Good question, very good question. According to Lore then yes there are, but we don't have an animated sload creature to use here.

There was a guy offering to do one, but I haven't seen him in ages. Maybe Ibsen knows more?

03-03-2010, 07:20 PM,

Yes, but the difficulty in getting zaneeba_slave's 'Sload' model animated is something that makes using them very problematic. And, according to lore, they should only really make an appearance in Southern BM, probably somewhere along the coast...wasn't that the case, Deeza?
03-03-2010, 07:31 PM,

Not sure. I'd have to check that. What exactly was the problem with animating it? Could you link to the thread?

I was thinking, that since Sload are so sought after by many modders, perhaps we could advertise this on the Bethsoft forums? Like, "we have a completed model but need it animated"? We'd probably have to release it as a separate mod if someone external did it for us, but it would still be done. Thoughts?

03-03-2010, 10:55 PM,

The Sload is mentioned on zaneeba's thread here: Zaneeba's monster book of models . Lady_Nerevar outlines some of the problems here: Zaneeba's monster book of models .

Bethesda would certainly be a good option... :yes:...in the meantime, Koniption had volunteered to create a Sload statue that I was thinking of using for either Soulrest or Rock Grove.