Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighters Inn(s)
05-19-2006, 01:52 PM,
Fighters Inn(s)
I was thinking..
That an inn could drive job of kinda Arena and Inn same time..
I think it would be nice place of interest to have these Inns where people come out to drink and follow brutal fights. Fights could be in boxing style arena.

I have image in my mind. Its like arena only smaller size and interior only. Lowest floorlevel theres the main door. Bartenders desk and some benches in front of it. maybe a few tables on sides of the room with lights on wall.. in the middle of it is the "boxing style pit" where are the fights. The possible opponents could come to search the fight randomly- more activity nights/evenings. So you could encounter randomly many opponents you could challenge. The people willing to fight would be on lowest floorlevel sitting tables having a drink.

The second floor would be mostly a level where there is huge open hole in the middle of it above fight pit. So you and many others would be on the second floor watching fights.. no challengable opponents there. Just people having good time. So actual floor on lvl2 would be only near the house walls with some tables otherwise open space which gives you good view to fights. Stairs go second floor both sides of entrance door. The inn COULD be located major city but i was thinking it could be seperate.. maybe more non-legal or such place.. near city. but in forest. Size of this would be bigger than average inn. Anyone following? Big Grin
Upper floor could also contain a few beds and a guy or two giving interesting quest. A mysterious character.. something. Maybe a blackmarket/illegal salesman also. Kind of drugs for fighters that want to play it dirty? I may draw fast scetch out of this.. if anyone is interested of idea?

EDIT:
I dont have scanner working now Sad i could make sketches much better looking hand-draw. i decided to try to give picture of it with making images with Paint Shop Pro.. im quite bad with it sorry. However heres what i thought:

[Image: fightersinn.jpg]
Thats a bit Daggerfall'ish.
[Image: fightersinnint.jpg]
The edges on left and right whereas are the bartables.. i couldnt fit it good and had no PSP skills so it came up too thin.. there must be much more space for tables and the floor much larger too, otherwise something like that :o
And maybe more dark... and red lightning.
[Image: fightersinnmap.jpg]
Better pic considering real sizes of places.. the from top to down map
05-21-2006, 12:56 AM,

Now these are the kind of ideas I have been looking for. Great post, now let's narrow and focus your ideas.

I love how its set up but Argonia is a dingy, poor country. It would not look that fancy inside. I particularly don't think they would have a wrestling ring. I think it would be more to have a cage. Then they could have people fight animals or Naga.
05-21-2006, 01:54 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by SwedishFish
Then they could have people fight animals or Naga.
nagas maybe discriminated by Imperials as beastial liek goblins but they are intelligent like Argonians, maybe not quite as intelligent but still very man not as much beast (in mind)
05-21-2006, 08:34 AM,

What about just a section of the floor has been bashed with pickaxes till a irregular square has been made lower than the floor hight it would be textured with bones and dirt and blood and maybe theirs a rule that to fight you can only wear pants and shoes as well as only being allowed to fight with fists anfd objects in the arena like sticks or bonews to bash people with. or the Pit is sort of a basrement with hostile enimies that respawn every half day and you walk on broken planks and fall dow into the "basement"
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-21-2006, 04:22 PM,

SwedishFish: Certainly.. it was not ment to be all fancy... it was ment to be.. big underworld illegal fightning tavern... the cage is propably better idea i like it too. I'd see it as middle-ages drug-cave so to say.. the sidetables should be partly covered with curtains, behind pillars.. curtains would be only fancy thing really.. some red curtaining and then red shady light on the dark corners.
Otherwise it'd have pretty much wooden tavern feel to it, nothing too fancy. Just bigger size to create better view with "the pit" and all. Places like this could hold some interesting NPC's.
Also i dont thin Fighters Inn would be the real name for it, i thought it as working title only.
08-29-2011, 11:25 AM,

Already implemented in the Hole in the Wall bar in Stormhold.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-31-2011, 04:13 PM,

I have decided to archive this, since this idea has been finished and therefore this thread is redundant.

08-31-2011, 07:46 PM,

Another one of those coincidences? More likely the idea was floating around a long time and just got picked up...Stormhold was one of the old team's better pieces of work....even if it was very, very incomplete.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM,

It was the pics of Stormhold that made me think this project was worth joining in the first place. That, and the pics of llamaranger's tribal huts that were still under construction back then...

08-31-2011, 08:05 PM,

Funny that. It was some of llamaranger's models that made me consider it seriously....that and the potential in terms of the lore flexibility and darker themes for me to explore characters such as Anaster Marrowmir and so on...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]