Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Project of the Mod
03-09-2006, 10:18 PM,
First Project of the Mod
The first area we will do is Northwest Argonia, the Rebellion. It will be a closer look into the relationship between Argonians and the insistant Imperials.
Possible main quest may be defending the Tenmar Wall along Argonians or taking the Imperial side and taking over Tenmar Wall. I am very open to ideas, except I want to start off with Argonia.
03-09-2006, 11:51 PM,

Cool!
Quick question though, for us who aren't versed in Argonian lore. What does "the Rebellion" and "Tenmar Wall" mean?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-10-2006, 01:45 AM,

I took some liberties on how to interpret the map since very little is known of Argonia. Stormhold is a very Imperial sounding name for a city. Its name is very different than the other cities, so I take it that it is an imperial city. In previous games Tenmar Wall was a city, but I interpret it as the border between Imperial controlled Argonia and the free lands of Argonia. I would like to make the mod a struggle between Argonians and Imperials to fight over the wall. If the Imperials get it, they could push in troops. If the Argonians get it, they keep the Imperials out.
03-10-2006, 02:46 AM,

alright.... the Tenmar wall is where an argonian village was totally destroyed.... by Imperials or Dunmer I do not remember....
the Argonians and Imperials are not on bad terms but certainly not on good, like morrowind, Argonia is not fully controlled and somewhat impervious to full Imperial rule...
03-10-2006, 03:45 AM,

Well thats good. I wasn't sure what Tenmar Wall was. But now we know it is destroyed, it can be replaced by an actual wall as a representation of Argonians resistance to Imperial control. Black people aren't exactly on bad terms with white people but conflicts still occur. It doesn't have to be a war but maybe a struggle of ideas, philosophical even. We could do a few fights. Brawls are always good.
03-10-2006, 04:05 AM,

the main conflict is Argonians and Dunmer....
the Dunmer traditional enemies are Nords and Argonians... but the Imperials invaded...
the Argonian traditional enemy is the Dunmer but the Imperials invaded....

however, Imperial invasion of Argonia was very different from Morrowind's. The Argonians had no organized resistance... the Imperials, being unable to penetrate deep into the Black Marsh and its jungles and swamps made a few isolated cities and citadels here and there... however, the Imprial shave little influence and make profit on what ore can be found adn the immense amount of lumber...
when the Argonians made a real resistance it would have been in the form of a tribe or two ensuing a guerilla war...

if Argonians had to chose between Dunmer or Imperials it would be Imperials...
Imperials treat them as equals (ideally), hate slavery, believe in humane treatment to them (if in the Empire), and woul be on the Argonian side if/when against Dunmer...
03-10-2006, 04:16 AM,

To address the Dunmer part, if the mod goes well, the next place I would like to do North and Northeast Argonia. That will have plenty of the slavery issue. Part of the mod will border Morrowind and some slavery attempts could be made, but I want to focus on the Argonian/Imperial relationship.
At the very least, I want the wall to represent Argonian freedom.
03-10-2006, 10:02 AM,

Perhaps the Tenmar Wall incident that you are looking for is an instance of the guarilla warfare mentioned. A radical group of Argonian freedom fighters have sensed opportunity during the domestic problems of Oblivion. They hole up in the ruins of Tenmar Wall and conduct raids on the nearby Imperials, hoping to drive them out of Argonia, or at least drive them out of the border area at which point the remaining Imperials in their land will be cut-off from home. The PC could then join either the Imperials or the Argonian radicals, possibly also work with non-radical Argonians in the immediate area who are feeling a backlash.

I would suggest perhaps holding off on northeast Argonia or doing it in connection with southeast Morrowind. I would love to see both, but I think that the two are very closely tied in terms of quests and factions, and it makes sense for them to be done by a single team. Perhaps by that time, the southeast Morrowind mod could be connected to the south of the ST/Velothi Mountains part. (Speaking of which, is there any word on how the Velothi Mountains are coming other than the name on the main website?)
03-10-2006, 01:17 PM,

I didn't want to start NE argonia until we finish NW argonia. Good Ideas.
03-10-2006, 08:44 PM,

Vrenir:
Velothi Mts. project will not begin until Ben Vagar returns and AFTER Silgrad.... which means if he does not or doesn't want to later on, there will be no Velothi Mts.
SwedishFish:
good idea.... keeping the border on Cyrdoiil right?