Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flora in ST: Oblivion - Appletree
08-11-2005, 05:29 PM,
Flora in ST: Oblivion - Appletree
Contains:
1) a retextured version of crazyboy's apple tree. Leaf texture by NoRemorse, apple fruit texture by Morrowind Council of Japan, and trunk texture general freeware texture.
2) an mesh of crazyboy's apple tree edited by Razorwing to have a straighter trunk. Texture credits as above.

[1st]A[/1st]pple trees aren't indigineous to Morrowind but imported by Imperial settlers. Unable to thrive in Morrowind, it's only encountered on farms where they're tended with water and nutrients. Several apple orchards are dotted around Deepen Meadows, although the tree is also grown on farms around Silgrad (City) and Reich Parkeep. As apples can't be imported from other regions without being spoiled during transport, locally grown apples are the only available source for Imperial citizens living in the province. They're often regarded as a delicacy, and apple pies are only within grasp for the more wealthy citizens - if a commoner got hold of apples somehow, he'd never consider being so careless as to stew them in an oven.

Fruit has never been a real part of Dunmer cuisine, and apples are no exception; most Dunmer shun them, preferring instead native vegetables and meat. However many noble Dunmers belonging to House Hlaalu are known to have apple bowls in their homes in an effort to impress Imperials by showing a connection to their culture. It's doubtful if they consume the fruits themselves; it would appear they're seen as flowers would be, as decoration that needs to be exchanged after it spoils.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]