Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flora in ST: Oblivion - Jdooby's Trees
07-31-2005, 11:44 AM,
Flora in ST: Oblivion - Jdooby's Trees
Jdooby created ten trees for Morrowind, of which five were good. The half that weren't suffered from repetetive texturing, and were tall as mountains, and I personally wouldn't want to see a repeat of those in Silgrad Tower: Oblivion. The ones that are good, though, are really good. So I would like to suggest that we use Jdooby's five good trees in our upcoming mod.

They're leafy trees suitable for a temperate climate, like Reich Hills, Ashunor Valley, Deepen Meadows and Silgrad Region. They don't have to be used everywhere in those regions of course, but logically that would be where they can be used. Not sure how they would look compared to the speedtree variety, but if it looks bad then perhaps these trees could be used in one of Silgrad's future parks. If the latter idea catches on then the trees have one thing going for them: low poly count.

I've uploaded them as separate archives in the gallery. Each archive contains the two textures that all his trees use, as well as .max conversion and .nif original for reference, and a screenshot for quick browsing.

If there are no objections, I would suggest the future ST: O main file admin (if we're lucky, that'll still be Quentin) downloads the archives after the game is released and then converts them to the format Oblivion uses. Then when the next internal release is uploaded, ST: O modders would get access to them. That's just theoretically speaking though, as we don't really know how working on Oblivion mods will be. If the trees are used when generating landscapes, then it wouldn't surprise me if that has to be done centrally by the main file admin. Placing them by hand should still work though.

[Image: thumb_JW_TREE_A1.jpg] [Image: thumb_JW_TREE_A2.jpg] [Image: thumb_JW_TREE_A3.jpg] [Image: thumb_JW_TREE_B1.jpg] [Image: thumb_JW_TREE_B2.jpg]

Downloads:
Jdooby's Tree #A1
Jdooby's Tree #A2
Jdooby's Tree #A3
Jdooby's Tree #B1
Jdooby's Tree #B2
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-31-2005, 04:35 PM,

Good thinking, mate, but if we're really lucky, Valderon will take the control of the main plugin again. (I know someone who would be very lucky Wink )

But I agree with your suggestion and hope that the models can be used for Oblivion.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-31-2005, 04:38 PM,

The tree trunks could use some texturing TLC though *whistles innocently*
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]