Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Forest [Claimed]
06-22-2008, 03:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
The jungle? Bloody hell! I've not seen those FF shots that TID posted up before, btw. They look amazing!

Do you mean of blackbird's preset? Or of the TES3 mod?

I just noticed the thumbnail versions linked to wrong images for the TES3 screenshots, so I just fixed them. Blush
06-22-2008, 05:33 PM,
TMJ's BC Trees
Any thoughts here about how some of them might work here in the FF? I'm going to copy and transplant branches on the models for the more verdant Bitter Coast, but I think the sparser models as they are now might work here. They may need a retex, but if we rename the NIFs to ensure separation from the BC models. we can add those at our leisure.

Steve
06-23-2008, 09:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
The jungle? Bloody hell! I've not seen those FF shots that TID posted up before, btw. They look amazing!

Do you mean of blackbird's preset? Or of the TES3 mod?

I just noticed the thumbnail versions linked to wrong images for the TES3 screenshots, so I just fixed them. Blush

I mean your screenshots from the post dated 24.03.2008 23:25 (part 2 of this thread, I think)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-23-2008, 03:30 PM,

You mean this post? Those are TES3 screenshots. Smile

There's a way you can link directly to specific posts, in case you wanted to know. To the left of the post date, there is a small picture of a note. Right-click on that note and choose to copy the link location (I use Firefox, don't know if you can do that with IE... should be able) and then paste it in your post.

@ SACarrow: I'll take another look at those trees.
06-23-2008, 07:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
You mean this post? Those are TES3 screenshots. Smile

Yikes! Are we able to replicate such gloom in TES4?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-23-2008, 08:08 PM,

Quote:Yikes! Are we able to replicate such gloom in TES4?
I'd say it's doable with low hanging branches on the trees and pepertually foggy weather (perhaps a custom weather type with some abstract colour settings?).
07-04-2008, 03:39 PM,

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k140/c...ollage.jpg
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=852464

I can't see if ST is permitted to use this models, but it could be a nice addition adn it could be a good reference/inspiration how the forgotten forest can look like.
07-09-2008, 08:49 PM,

I'd agree with that but I've been looking at trees lately and if you were to take a different angle, I would go for trees like the ones below. The first two are a type that always crop up in typically dark forests - tall, thin with probably dense foliage at the top forming a canopy...is it possible to package a tree texture up with strong automatic vertex shading, I wonder?

The third one is like an LOTR cliche, gnarled with nodules where the foliage is sprouting out in clumps but I think the fourth is the most promising in terms of implementation. These could basically be little more than modifications of the sort of wayward roots that you get in caves. They shouldn't restrict sight and movement too much but they could have the desired effect. And I don't know how this would affect the FPS but some of them could be havoc-enabled.

Besides the trees, is it possible to create a special weather condition that simulates a tree canopy effect, perhaps? Like very dark fog but with occasional lancing rays of light being available, again like the cave sets...do we have a resident tree expert?
07-09-2008, 09:00 PM,

I think that the trees that are going to be used in this region is going to be up to the modder who generates this region. If no one claims this region, I'm planning on generating the Forgotten Forest myself after the Bitter Coast and Deepen Meadows regions, but those just won't be done overnight.
08-20-2008, 06:36 AM,

I started working on this region.