Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Forest [Old Discussion 2]
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Trankintor
I just want to say that I havn't forgotten ( :lol: ) about this, it is just this time of year and I don't think much will be done for some weeks now, as I have some special things after new year too that prevents me from this, but I might find the need anywaySmile

P.S Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Have a great holiday!

And some time after that I hope to see the first screenshots of the new forest. I think Oblivion's fog system is amazing, so I believe this region has all the potential of becoming the favourite place in our mod for players of 3.0. So relax, have fun, eat a ton of food... and maybe fantasize a few times about how you'd like the forest to be - then I have no doubt your fingers will itch for the Construction Set when you find the time Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-24-2007, 03:21 PM,

Ah, don't worry. Wink I've been pretty busy this season too. Do what Razorwing said and ENJOY yourself.

But later, just don't make the forest true to its name. Tongue j/k
01-07-2008, 08:11 AM,

Hmmm...I got this feeling that I went abit deep from the begining, I don't think that this is the right claim to start with when you try your first time with the exterior...I think that I would like to unclaim this and go for something easier to start with, some of the area claims so that I can learn first and then maybe get going on this again if not claimed by someone else first...

I hope that this is ok?
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
01-07-2008, 11:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Trankintor
Hmmm...I got this feeling that I went abit deep from the begining, I don't think that this is the right claim to start with when you try your first time with the exterior...I think that I would like to unclaim this and go for something easier to start with, some of the area claims so that I can learn first and then maybe get going on this again if not claimed by someone else first...

I hope that this is ok?

No problem, I understand. Smile It's always better to admit something is too much or too hard and make a clean break with the claim than to prolong it. I think area claims can be a great place to start for folks who haven't done exterior work before. Which isn't to say an experienced modder couldn't find fun challenges in it also, but an inexperienced exterior modder could complete an area claim rather easily. I think it's the kind of work that deals more with aesthetics and an eye for detail rather than complex, heavy-duty modding like generating a region.

Perhaps you could take an area claim in the rocky region? Area claims there basically only use west gash rocks, so it's easy to get an overview of what kind of models to use.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]