Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Forest (Old disc)
03-23-2007, 12:35 AM,
Forgotten Forest (Old disc)
These posts were exsized from the original thread. /RW 071122

Hold on, is this unclaimed again? I would like to work on it if it is. Gives me something to do while i wait assetts to get done for Zergonalishia and IOB. I have a knack for exteriors, so I should get it done pretty fast, and get a good bit done before i visit Europe.

DING i just had an interesting idea. Besides Sheikizza's shrine, the forest is reletively empty right? I could put zergonalishia in it!!! Course, I would have to scale it down so it doesnt take over the whole forest, but that would make things much more interesting :goodjob:
03-23-2007, 12:41 AM,

Quote:zergonalishia
The wha?...
Well, I'm guessing that it is open, it says so in the title.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
03-24-2007, 01:09 AM,

:bananarock: Ok. Ive got the claim. I will start working immediately, and try to keep you all updated. :yes:
03-24-2007, 02:04 AM,

way to go! someone's finally picked up this claim again! May your days as steward of the forgotten forest be long and prosperous.

I had begun to make some simple dungeons for the last time someone was working on this. Prehaps i'll finish them to give players wandering through here something to kill. If you ever feel the fancy to have x type of dungeon or whatever, just let me know and i'll pop one out.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-24-2007, 02:28 AM,

Ok. Ill start on the exteriors. And once I have that done, ill move on to the interior dungeongs after I plot where they are going. Ill notify you if I think of something :goodjob:
03-24-2007, 02:52 AM,

Alright, this could be used for an interior or exterior, I edited the harrada roots in nifscope so they are just the roots, and they look pretty good. I haven't tested to see if they work yet, but if you want, I can upload them here. We could use the stock OB harrada, which looks pretty good, or make/find a better one.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
03-24-2007, 03:55 AM,

I say Shivering Isles can also help this region out, well at least the dark half of Shivering Isles.
Lol what?
03-24-2007, 04:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
I say Shivering Isles can also help this region out, well at least the dark half of Shivering Isles.

Considering how everything seen in Shivering Isles was created by Sheogorath's mind I think using assets from it would feel very much out of place for a location on Tamriel.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-26-2007, 06:12 PM,

As per your request (PM).

Explanation of the Region editor functionality (CS Wiki).

I created the Forgotten Forest (FF) region area and a FF test area (screenshots, esp file). Use the test area to experiment.

I copied the Steadhelm preset (an example) to the FF test area.
As there are no high mountains the values in this preset could work (*) for the FF.

Go to the FF test area in the region editor (Silgrad Tower land).

Check every texture and write down the values for the data (density and clustering).

Check every object (e.g. trees) and write down the values for the data (density, clustering, radius, radius wrt Parent, sink value etc.).

The sink value determines how far the object sinks into the land (to avoid floating).

Delete everything from the preset.

Now add the FF textures (drag and drop) and use the data you wrote down (recreate the same (as in directory) tree). The same applies to the other objects (FF trees, FF rocks).

For the tree use the same number of objects (textures, trees, rocks etc.)
If you reduce the number it will affect the generation process (and you have to readjust the values).

When done, generate the test area and check the generated content.

"Obliterate Now" after checking and change the things you didn't like. Generate again etc.

You have to repeat this process until completely satisfied.
If so, go to the FF area and "Copy Objects from Other region" (select the FF test area). Delete the FF test area.

Finally, generate the FF area.

(*) The trees for the FF are new (custom) so you have to check the sink values and these are prob. different from the Steadhelm preset.

Check also the the presets that were used in Oblivion (helpful).
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-26-2007, 08:54 PM,

My, sounds a bit complicated! I'll try it here in a moment. Thank You :goodjob: