Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Forest (Old disc)
04-17-2007, 05:26 AM,

Just a reminder, it's time for a file-check, as it says in the OP.

Quote:Important. Every two weeks, or every week if you work intensively, send a copy of your work-in-progress esp to sandor so that he can check it for technical errors. The Construction Set is insidious in the way it lets you mod without noticing any technical errors; you can even playtest it and it'll work just fine, but even then, a technical bug may have crept in. If the bug is left in for too long it can become very time-consuming to correct it, or in worst case means your esp can never be merged. By sending wip esp's on a regular basis you can avoid that situation. You don't have to worry about explaining anything when you send the wip, because sandor won't review it until you're finished -- he will only check for techical problems in the esp file.

Especially avoid ticking vwd checkboxes in your esp, and also be sure to mod dialogue in a different esp than your main one. Generally speaking it's always better to send several smaller esp's than a single big one whenever you can, depending on the overall size of the work you're submitting of course.
04-22-2007, 06:21 PM,

Alright I have the general hang of the region generator. The cells displayed in your picture Sandor are the ones Im alotted right? If not tell me.
04-22-2007, 07:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
The cells displayed in your picture Sandor are the ones I'm alotted right?
The esp (region preset) and the pictures have the correct coordinates.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-22-2007, 07:44 PM,

Ok working on it now.
05-19-2007, 06:09 AM,

:goodjob: :bananarock: :bananarock: :goodjob: great:deal:
06-04-2007, 10:54 PM,

Got any progress to show, Harikari? I for one would like a version of the region present in Silgrad Tower v3.0. It's perfectly fine if the region is still wip but the less naked landmass the better in my opinion. So I'm crossing my fingers you won't give up on the Forgotten Forest, else we'll need to find a new guy for it... and I always hate when that happens, so I hope you still feel like doing it.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-05-2007, 01:56 AM,

We've been discussing things over PM. Smile
06-05-2007, 02:51 AM,

Oh don't worry. I love this claim, progress has been made on it (remember this is my first experience with the terrain generator). I would have made much more sizable advances if it hadn't been for final exams and the fact I still have school due to snow days X( . Once it hits summer this will go ten times faster. :goodjob:
06-05-2007, 09:11 AM,

TheImperialDragon: Aah, I see. I didn't know that Smile

Harikari: No I'm not worried anymore, especially not due to your speedy response. I just drew conclusions based on the last I had heard about the Forgotten Forest, which would be your post above from April 22. Have fun Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]