Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequent virus warnings when looking at this site.
01-12-2008, 03:56 AM,

i dont know the name (i wasen the one fixing the computer). it basicaly made it restart on a cycle. it would load up to the wallpaper (windows) screen, then crash back to the very beggining, over and over and over again.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-12-2008, 09:03 AM,

All I can say is I seriously doubt silgrad.com is infected with a virus. If someone had hacked us you'd expect them to do something really harmful, like deleting everything, or at least do something that is obvious to everyone. But like was said above we really need more information if we are to find out the cause of the problem, much less solve it. So far I haven't read anything that would give any clues whatsoever on where to start looking for a problem, and I'm not going to until I get some form of solid evidence that silgrad.com is behind the virus problem because like I mentioned I seriously doubt that we are.

What I do believe however is that one possible explanation is that someone - undoubtedly without any malicious backthought - has posted links to internet sites containing stuff that causes certain persons' antivirus programs to react. So that it might seem like the antivirus program is reacting to silgrad.com, when it is instead reacting to links before the user clicks them. This is just a theory.

Check your virus program's settings to see if you have a log function enabled, and if you do, please see if you find anything related to silgrad.com. And/or next time your program reacts, see if there's any way for you to get a detailed report on the incident. Both those ways would likely yield the information I'd need to look for the problem (if it's related to silgrad.com).

I don't have an antivirus program at all and I haven't experienced anything unusal either. I use Firefox and never open executables unless I know what it is and trust the source. I've become infected with spyware/adware numerous times however, but it has always been in connection with installing free- or shareware. They're easy enough to get rid of most of the time, if adaware doesn't get them then I just input whatever information I have into google and read forum threads of others who've gotten the same infection.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-14-2008, 06:00 PM,

The Antiviruses have detected malware in Temp. Files..
And a antivirus reacting to a unopened link in the browser is hyper. A unopened link doesn't run freely.. nor does a opened link. A ActiveX Controls does run freely, as long as its allowed. Is there anywhere on Silgrad which should run ActiveX Controls?? (I'd think chat...)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.