Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galadrielle's content converter
08-06-2007, 07:42 PM,

There could be no question of distributing it, we all know that's not permitted and we'd want better quality/detailed models and textures in the future anyway. The danger is a TES3 model being left in accidentally and officially redistributed. I wonder whether one day Bethesda will have a change of heart, but it's something we should assume will not happen.

On the other hand, the way I converted TES4 mesh record names to TES3 (with TEStroi) removed the chance of ambiguity. TES3's file length limit is much shorter than TES4, so I had to abbreviate them. I also prefixed all sounds and meshes with a T4 directory and TEStroi automatically produces a .bat batch file which renames the files to the new file structure. That way it is clear which directory is always off-limits for redistribution.

Whether you want to see a ready populated scaled up world now, replacing the meshes in the future as things progress, or play it safe and carry on as we are, well it's up to you guys and KuKulzA. You're going to have to place a lot of things from scratch in any case; towns will automatically be spread out and dissected exactly as they appear in the TES3 CS screenshots right near the bottom of this page (when I wrote a TES3 scaling program). I'm easy either way. Smile

Lightwave
08-08-2007, 10:57 PM,

Well, if everything from Morrowind's in a different folder anyway, you could just include your batch file with the VV Assets and people could apply it themselves to their own Morrowind folder.

Can't see anything illegal about that and I'm sure everyone has Morrowind: if you don't, BUY IT! It's a good game. Big Grin

This is only my opinion...
08-09-2007, 02:17 PM,

I feel it's not worth the risk, but if it's totally legal and alright, then I see no huge problem. But it is still a little weird. So unless it is confirmed that this is a valid choice for us I feel we take the rewarding but hard road, the road we planned to take anyhow... afterall we'd be making it all ourselves with these tools didn't all come up... but they have certainly helped (like Lightwave's, thank you). :yes:
08-10-2007, 02:49 AM,

Well, if Lightwave included ONLY the batch file that is neccessary to rename and move the assets from an existing TES III instalation on your computer, their would be nothing illegal about it because nothing is distributed, only the means to move and rename the Morrowind assets.

If you don't like the idea that's fine, but I seriously doubt there would be anything illegal about it. This would also alleviate the slight chance that a Morrowind asset could be accidentally released publicly. (Which I Understand Would Be Disasterous.)

Also, I doubt there's anyone in the Vvardenfell mod who doesn't have Morrowind, is there??? :eek:
08-10-2007, 04:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Moryal
Also, I doubt there's anyone in the Vvardenfell mod who doesn't have Morrowind, is there??? :eek:
Well I don't anymore, but I've put close to 1000 hours into it Cool
visit here now!!
www.metalgearsolid.org
08-10-2007, 04:51 AM,

I do not have Sad Morrowind Sad
08-10-2007, 06:57 AM,

I don't have it on my PC no more
though there's Morrowind for XboX I have.
My PC barely handled TES3 anyhow...

Confusedhrug: ..... ;(

:lol:
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
I don't have it on my PC no more
though there's Morrowind for XboX I have.
My PC barely handled TES3 anyhow...

Confusedhrug: ..... ;(

:lol:

I do not have XboX
08-24-2007, 08:18 PM,

Just gave Galadrielle's script a go...it's so f*ing awesome...That really can save a couple of years time until all tilesets are complete...i mean, we could start right away and generate quests and everything...and i would even contribute Wink

Thanks, snort
09-06-2007, 05:23 AM,

I checked out the forum topic and then onto the French forum topic and it's definitely an interesting...and powerful program. However, the textures on a lot of the converted files just look odd. Some of them look really good though. I believe we still have the legality question as well.

snortator:
You're right, it would definitely speed up development by a huge amount in terms of all the textures and visual elements but the mod takes place 6 years after Morrowind...therefore we are creating entirely new quests and content, and a flat conversion of Morrowind would be no good. Even if we used the converter to it's fullest ability for our needs, we would still have a considerable about of content to work on.

I'm not sure about this program...I think we'll just have to ananlyze it and discuss it further to figure out if and how we can use it.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Vvardenfell - Team Member

SSDD