Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Plan for the Alpha 1.0 Release
08-09-2011, 02:01 PM,

I suppose that is true. Lore-wise Anequina is to Confederacy what Silgrad Tower is to Tamriel Rebuilt (that's not a dig at either project, the modding styles are just very different, as you say).

Nevertheless, I think that making a (relatively) fresh start with a new Engine would be the best possible time for the two teams to put aside their differences. Heaven knows we could both use the extra manpower. I think that the major incompatibility will be obsolete anyway, because they will have no choice but to use a separate worldspace since Elsweyr isn't geographically continguous with Skyrim.

But as you said, we'll have to wait and see what's possible.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-09-2011, 06:09 PM,

is the alpha out already I'd love to play it!
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-09-2011, 07:08 PM,

Hi Mizreg

No - we're in modder-only alpha at the moment. If you want to join the team then it doesn't take too much to make me part with the password though - we just want to be sure our resources don't get ripped off and we get some work done....

I know you're busy over at Black Marsh, so I don't want to pull you away from Ibsen. If you think you can spare a bit of time then I'm sure we can come to an arrangement...!
Morcroft Darkes
08-09-2011, 10:29 PM,

I think I see people trying to escape from the swamps..... :chaos:

PWN & Mizreg - You can join Elswyr if you decide to, but don't forget about Blackmarsh, neither, ok?

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-10-2011, 12:04 AM,

>>> THWACK <<<

>>> THWACK <<<

See KP - They're coming up the shores of Topal Bay and I'm trying to beat them back with my broom but they just keep coming...!!!

>>> THWACK <<<

>>> THWACK <<<

Seriously - Guys - I'd love you to do some work for us here at Elsweyr, and we really need people to help out and shape the country into something we can release.

But.

We are not going to release a completed mod for TES4 - ain't gonna happen. We're currently aiming for a showcase with some interesting stuff to look at and do. Black Marsh looks set to release a beta that will set a new standard in the community and I'm not about to try and distract you from taking a part in that. I have my own little contributions to that project (trees, mostly) - I want to see it succeed as much as anyone, and it needs modders.

If you want to treat Elsweyr as a break from Black Marsh: an evening off here and there; a warm place to dry off the swamp weed; something to work on while that esp's being merged then that's really fine with me.

We can afford to take a relaxed attitude to how you work with us, because we know our TES4 offering will only be a taster - we want to release a beta that inspires modders to join us for TES5. Most likely, the wider gaming community will not "get" it - unlike Black Marsh which looks set to be a real game expansion that will be played by many.

KP, I kind of had this conversation with PWN by PM earlier today, and neither of us want a wild-eyed Ibsen pursuing us with a broken whiskey bottle (single malt, of course) ....

So, if you'd like a place in the Elsweyr team: take a look around and decide what you fancy and then fit it in around Black Marsh work. We can wait - but little and often would be good.
Morcroft Darkes
08-10-2011, 12:47 AM,

R-I-G-H-T, morcroft. Sure, I believe you, trying to beat back the escapees...lol Confusedwords:

And I'm kind of disturbed that you intimately know the type of whiskey Ibsen likes.... :tongue:

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-10-2011, 08:36 AM,

of course I wont fly away from BM Argonians are my passion, im just curious about the mod because I use the Deserts of Anequina mod! :yes:
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-10-2011, 12:38 PM,

On a related note, where would you guys like me to post my concept art (assuming that I actually find any time to do it)? Should I start a new thread in the Concept Art folder or is there an existing one I should add to?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-10-2011, 03:31 PM,

New thread named "Orcrest Architecture" in Concept Art please.
Morcroft Darkes
08-10-2011, 11:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Do you have any time available for modding at the moment, Vintra?

Not really, i stucked in work and work and work...

Maybe the weekends.