Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplan for Silgrad Tower v3.0
02-14-2008, 03:42 PM,
The short answer is "yes"
Smile

Please PM me with some samples or post them in a new thread in Acoustic Development. Please don't post them in this thread, since this thread is not voice-specific.

Thanks,
Steve
02-14-2008, 09:15 PM,

will do.

a question. Why is the ST region nine times the size of Cyrodiil? Thats not in proportion according to the Tamriel map...surely you have given yourselves a much harder job by breaking lore and having such a huge area to work with?

If you kept it in proportion 1) you could very well have had a final release by now and 2) its easier for you to work with without the necessity to generate such a massive area.

I mean, it took long enough for Oblivion to be developed...and now you're basically creating a game region bigger than the vanilla region!

so ?
I'm just warming up you pathetic worm!
02-14-2008, 09:24 PM,

Oblivion itself is ridiculously small, in a way you could say Bethesda itself is breaking lore by making Cyrodiil so small... Besides, most of the work goes into cities and those aren't 9 times bigger, probably more like twice.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
02-14-2008, 11:15 PM,

ah yes, that is true since I remember reading the Cyrodiil's population technically numbers in the hundreds of thousands...

So it's almost like how a GTA-like game 'dumbs down' the RL city it set in...so you could say Oblivion's Cyrodiil is a small representation of what it should be...of course if Cyrodiil was actually 16 square miles and its the largest province, then the whole of Tamriel isn't very big...
I'm just warming up you pathetic worm!
02-16-2008, 12:32 PM,

We went with a large landmass for several reasons, but two of them is that it gives more space between locations - so it doesn't feel like you're running past a cave every other minute - and that it gives our cities a more realistic size compared to the landmass.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-19-2008, 04:14 AM,

Some of the models don't show up at all in the Construction Set. I mean, some of them are shown as "!", but that's not what I mean. I mean models like the clothes and armor that certain NPCs wear. Therefore, these models don't show up in-game. Do I have to do anything, or will this be fixed in v3.0?
04-19-2008, 07:02 AM,

Actually, I just realised, I haven't downloaded Public Update #6. Anyway, I've done that, and some of the models have shown up, like the Morag Tong armor and the Morrowind-style Imperial Legion armor, but other models haven't shown up.
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM,

Well the latest thing is the BSA archive we've got, so the public updates don't really even matter that much. Try looking for it in the forge if you've got access. Almost every missing model will probably be solved by the BSA (except for the Dwemer models, which aren't in it yet)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-19-2008, 09:04 PM,

Only our team's modders have access to the files. Players will have to wait until we release Silgrad Tower v3.0 Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-23-2008, 05:23 AM,

I think i can help with the voice work too, need to get a replacement micro since me old fell down yesterday, and well it didnt survive. but other i can do voices with like well DB like ones, so quite low Tongue
Utterly Crazy Writer of Dumac City