Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gameplay Suggestions
10-20-2009, 06:21 PM,
Gameplay Suggestions
Im putting this up on Ibsen's Request.

Well to start it off i basically said-
Yet i would like to make a fallout 3 gamestyle mod for oblivion
(Basically having all the perk ideas bethesda had in fallout 3 and other things like that very nice target system but that may take some time,
Maybe adding a strongely modified deadly reflex system for close combat).

Put in a suggestion of any from what you miss from other games or whatever its your choice,
Enjoy!
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-20-2009, 06:54 PM,

Well, here we go:

- More villages

- Better skills with special abilities

- Pirate faction, so you can travel with a ship to new islands

- Better or more vampire clans

- Several new travelling system

- More unique landscape and more small animals

That's my suggestion, im really wanna see, what you will do!

`SN
10-21-2009, 09:42 AM,

So, the idea is that BM is to come bundled with a gameplay mod?
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM,
Gameplay Suggestions
Im not sure but ibsen wanted me to make this topic so really its his choice.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-21-2009, 06:14 PM,

The idea was just to include any ideas affecting gameplay here as a general resource for quest modders. The Deadly Reflex idea is not an option. I use Deadly Reflex myself. It's fine as it is and we're not in the business of that sort of modding, particularly when people can just download Deadly Reflex independently.

Some of Senten's ideas are more in line with what I was looking for although more villages and more landscapes will appear as we progress beyond the beta plan. Plus we already have the rootworm travelling system on the way. So I'm looking at something that may involve scripting or inventing different systems such as the coinage ideas originally proposed (I think) by Xaeaix.

As regards the pirate option, we'll hopefully have something like that involved in the Sotho Tren storyline but if anyone has an idea on a special skill or ability then this would be a good place to suggest it....but don't add things here just for the sake of it. Just remember that this thread is here as suggestions often come up on the forums.....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-21-2009, 09:35 PM,
Gameplay Suggestions
To be honest from what i read from senten (More Vampire clans) i think thats very true,
I said this before about what was happening with the vampires and all i got was something happening with forts? :eek:

Truthfully speaking i hope there can be more than just vampires in forts i mean this could be a big questline (Alot of things can come of this),
Let me suggest a few to get the mind bobbling-
~Morrowind is above blackmarsh, Chance of movement of a clan or a moved "Adapted" clan that moved from morrowind.

~Deeper exploration into argonian "Vampirism" maybe finding a secret cult of argonian vampires (I see a deeper meaning or a trail in argonian vampires its just too odd for me to point out,
Better to explain a meaning behind argonian vampires in a questline)

~CRIMSON SCAR! gah! ive been meaning to get this somewhere for soooo......
LONG! Sorry its just that ive been recently been designing concepts for the cult of vampires that wanted to take over the dark brotherhood,
Because sithis "Spoke" to them and told them to kill all non-pure bloods (Non-Vampires in the Dark Brotherhood) this was in the past and there is a expansion that bethesda released for vampires (Its basically a home for vampires)
but the story behind it is quite interesting and is about a vampire
(Who i think is the leader) that tryed to make that plan to assassinate the non-pure bloods work but failed quite terribly (Turning himself nearly into a human in the end),
Anyway what im getting at is you could say some escaped and made a new brotherhood in blackmarsh BUT are under-attack by the shadowscales and that sounds like a guildwar to me.

That was my vampire suggestions.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-22-2009, 02:48 AM,

Speaking of vampires in Blackmarsh, I had a gameplay/ability idea:

You know how lizards are cold-blooded? Being cold-blooded, they need to find a heat source to warm up in order to be active and digest their food, etc. This usually comes from sunbathing in the sun, or finding a geothermal hot spot, being near a man-made fire, and so forth.

We could potentially make some gameplay gimmick based on vampire Argonians drinking from cold-blooded prey versus a warm-blooded Khajit/Elven/Human/Orc. Sort of like an effect from cold blood versus warm blood drinking. Maybe, because Argonian vampires are cold-blooded, after drinking, they need to "warm up" somewhere to digest the blood, but not in the sun, because it'd damage them. Maybe a boost from drinking warm blood is that they don't need to warm up somewhere, because the blood was warm itself.

Also, what if the blood from different races, each had it's own pros and cons (good effects, vs. side-effects)? Like if the vampire Argonian drank from a human prey, the vampire would lose their water breathing ability, but gain frost resistance (because humans can't breath underwater, but they are warmblooded and thus more resistant to cold - see what I'm getting at?). These effects would fade out over time until ending at a certain point, or change if the vampire feeds on different race. Or, if the Argonian drank from another Argonian, they become slower, but they gain a defense boost (because lizards are coldblooded and therefore usually slow in movement until warmed up, but since they have scales and natural armor from scales, the vampire would gain a defense boost.

So that's what I'm thinking.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-23-2009, 05:04 PM,

Sounds a little complicated...but nice!

Tbh I don't like vampires. The amount of TV schock on vampires just gets tiresome. The only truly enjoyable film or TV on vampires within the last 20 years or so has been 'Let the right one in'. 'Blade' was fun...but silly and started a wave of new vamp stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I do like the idea of having different vampire clans but we already have quite a developed storyline connected with the undead in the form of Bhuru magic. If we did something big on vampires then, as far as the beta goes, it would just get in the way and distract us from the main objective. So I'd prefer developments of vampire storylines to take place in the final BM and in the meantime we can create a starter/teaser.

Regarding the Fort idea, Fort Carmine was outlined as the first Fort in BM and is occupied by vampires using Edolsian's dungeon as a base. You can adapt it however you wish. I think a focus on cold versus warm blooded is an excellent way to go with this. Even if it only appears as a single quest, it would be very much worth having as it's a quest just begging to be made....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-24-2009, 09:37 PM,
Gameplay Suggestions
Hearing from ibsen response about forts,
I think ill make a summary of vampire ideas here (That is only 2 posts).

*What i said for the start was that vampires should NOT only be in forts there should be more of a interesting look at what we can make of "Blackmarsh Vampires",Maybe quests for instance.

*Adapting/Adapted Vampire clan from morrowind into blackmarsh.

*Gameplay Gimmick with argonian vampires (Relation to bhuru magic).

*Secret cults in major cities ( etc... Maybe Remnant Of the Crimson Scar? Also maybe some Illumantii type Cults? I mean maybe a group trying to take the throne?
Stone masons? Oh we need a Da Vinchi Code quest :yes: ).

Now i know everyone is wanting to rush to get the beta release but we could always add the argonian vampires like what KP explained then at the least some beta testers can try it out and give there response,
We could try and keep it "Original" but really for me. The word "Original" makes me think - Vampire Bat and not count dracula because im guessing the vampire bats started the whole thing off with biting people's necks.

I just had a strange but crazy idea what about we have a group of sarpa who in which case are "Like" vampire bats?
We could do the sleeping animation like a bat would sleep and they could just walk like a bat does? (Sounds like it would take time to do..)
And well they could be "Cave Only" but maybe once in awhile you sleep in a damp rot of a city like gideon and you wake up to find one of these leaving,
It notices you and well a battle commences but after you kill the beast...
You then notice you've been bitten and have to find a cure (That would lead down the Bhuru magic road,Conspiracies,Cults,Clans and all in all just vampire "Stuff").
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
11-11-2009, 09:04 PM,
RE: Gameplay Suggestions
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
we already have quite a developed storyline connected with the undead in the form of Bhuru magic.

Maybe there could be a few sidequests involving Bhuru Shamans and their assisstants/followers who are vampire hunters in Black Marsh and there could be 2 or 3 quests involving choosing whether to side with them and hunt down the vampires, or become a vampire and hunt down the hunters. Both would involve some sort of decent reward, of course.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]