Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Into Dumac (ST:MW)
05-09-2006, 12:47 AM,
Getting Into Dumac (ST:MW)
How do you get into Dumac? I'm using Silgrad_Tower_internal_build_1-4_3.esp and I can't find the handle (or whatever) to get in! I couldn't find anything on the boards either. Even checked into the Dumac cells using the CE, but couldn't find an activator (of course, I'm very new at this, so the probability approaches 1 that I missed something.-)

Edit: Upon further review.-), it seems like the Dumac interior Zalzidrax made did not make it into that version of the ST ESP. Using the Enchanted Editor on ZX_Dumac_v1.esp yielded many objects with names prefaced with "sltw_zx", but I saw none of those in the ST ESP. Is there a newer one I can get somewhere? If it means I start over from Gnaar Mok, oh well.-)

Thanks,
Steve
05-09-2006, 11:03 AM,

Hmmmmmm... *scratches his head*

I checked out the location in the old CS, and it seems you're right - it's just not there. The door behind the revolving entrance doesn't teleport anywhere, and the cells doesn't seem to be there either. This is most strange, because I have a strong hunch that they *were* added at one time. It's a really fantastic location Zalzidrax created and it's a shame it didn't make it in.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-30-2006, 10:02 PM,
ST:TES3 & Dumac together again!
I've been on this hobbyhorse for awhile and I've finally integrated ST & ZX's Dumac interior. The combo is not official, but in the exceedingly unlikely event that anyone other than me, Bob and Harikari is interested, I'd be glad to make a copy available.

Thanks,
Steve
05-30-2006, 10:20 PM,
Dumac
Yes

I would like :yes: :goodjob:

at least razorwing can stop scratchin his head now (since may)
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-14-2006, 05:58 PM,

*Gives Sacarrow a big bear-hug*

Thank you sir for adding it in.

Now the real question is, can you actually get into Dumac?

I want to know how hard the test of pattern actually is to figure out, I'm not good at gauging such things in general, nevermind with a puzzle I made up myself.
07-14-2006, 06:08 PM,

Howdy Zalzidrax

Yes you can now get into and enjoy the Dumac experience

However

Its not in the 1-4_3 release, we are currently working the 1-4_5 release
It's internal use and not out yet, I would be happy to "rapidshare" you an advanced copy of the esp and the additional data files you will need, it 209 mb total (2 files) if you'd be willing to playtest it and give your opinions

Let me know if your interested

Thanks
Bob

07-14-2006, 06:37 PM,

I'd be glad to playtest it a bit. Not sure how much free time I have at present though, but if there are some key things you'd like me to look over, I can.

But I was wondering if anyone has figured out the test of disorder puzzle that I made in order to get into Dumac... so if you could give that a try and see, I would be grateful.
07-14-2006, 07:33 PM,

I have never made it past the maze
But I keep trying

Smile
Bob

07-14-2006, 07:41 PM,

Do you at least understand how it works though? That's the important bit.

If not, I'd like to figure out a way to hint more at it. Right now the only real clue is the part in the entrance there, and the test of disorder puzzle is several steps up in complexity.
07-14-2006, 07:51 PM,

lol well kinda

open and shutting valves, just have to find the right combination

looks like their is one inlet pipe and 3 outlets or visa versa, if I can figure out how to get the ones to open without closing others I need open it should turn all the balls to the correct positions, but alas I havent got that far yet

adding clues would be a good thing, some people with little patients might give up on it after several attempts

an idea would be to introduce a book on dwemer ruins ( translating ), and possibly adding a few scrolls with some riddle clues that will require the player to use the book to translate these scrolls into numbers which would give the sequence once they are all found.

another Idea, since its all part of Morrowind is to place these clues in some of the other Dwemer ruins throughout Vvardenfell, this will give the player some intrigue

What ideas you got cooking?

Bob