Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Into Dumac (ST:MW)
07-15-2006, 09:18 AM,

Well, pretty close. It's actually a map of the maze below... You don't actually need all 3 open at once, just the one you want to get to. One's the actual way down, the other is an armory stash... the third I don't really remember...

Oh wait it's the door switch for the armory, I think.

Anyway... the fact that those are different needs to be marked somehow, I think.

As for hints, I don't want to give the solution, just make the working of the thing less obscure, so that people can solve the puzzle, given thought.
07-15-2006, 01:00 PM,

A question which I'll ask since I have to leave in the next couple of minutes and don't have time to look up the scripts: if you succeed in opening one of the doors, do you get the sound effect up there at the test? That way if someone stumbled across the answer, they would know to at least check things out.

And as involved as I was with Dumac, I never got the "opening doors" thing. [Edit: at the Test of Disorder] Big Grin My suggestion is a book within Dumac of Dwemer steam valve repair where no hints are given, but the fact that that puzzle does open doors is at least hinted at. Putting it behind a door that has to be opened would force the PC to at least try the levers first. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
07-15-2006, 07:25 PM,

There's a rotating corridor in the beginning that wou have to operate by means of a similar lever... well, if you don't just jump down that is. You'll have to operate it or levitate to get back out, at any rate.

I was going to have a light that lit up when the door to the next level was opened, but I was stymied by the fact that there's no true "off dwarven lamp; even the static one is still glowmapped.

Since the player shouldn't be able to read dwarven, though, the book would have to include pictures... and I'm not sure how drawings could help that much. Well, maybe a sketch of the test of disorder, with the levers directly connected to it. I'll see what I can cook up.

Another option would be to another set of rotating corridors that operated similarly near the entrance, in addition to the lone one already there.

Another thing I could do is make absolutely certain that the player could not skip the entryway door, as even I would be wont to do... adding some walls or railings to the upper level could do the trick.
07-16-2006, 04:08 PM,

I didn't quite get what you meant with the rotating corridor, so I may have connected Dumac incorrectly. I didn't touch the interior, but I connected to the exterior at the upper door. If you could playtest it just to check the entry, htat would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
07-16-2006, 08:18 PM,

The rotating corridors have nothing to do with setting up the entrance connections, so no worries there.

But can you give me a place to download the newest version? I think the old rapidshare thing expired.
07-18-2006, 01:39 AM,

And I dont get any of it :poorme: lol

are you talkin bout once you get past the test of disorder?

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-18-2006, 06:42 AM,

No.

Well, that's the one thing that's the problem...

All my friends that I have showed the puzzle to understand roughly the method of beating it, yet it seems noone is quite clear that the levers actually control the direction of actual rotating passages, despite there being one such in the beginning.
07-18-2006, 01:53 PM,

Well at least I knew that much

Now its just figuring out which orientation I need to get into Dumac and not run around in circles, I did get to a statue of a Dwemer, theirs another level in front of him, I was afraid to move it Big Grin

Bob

07-20-2006, 12:54 AM,

That lever doesn't do anything bad... pulling it is, or at least could potentially be, a good thing.
07-20-2006, 01:11 AM,

Big Grin

Yeah I pulled the lever. I dont know what happened though I didn't see anything and nothing happened to me, I just have to look around more